Offline Light Propagation Volumes

Materials, textures, lighting, postfx
68 posts Page 7 of 7
jay1ne
by jay1ne » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:41 pm
I just went to the offline branch and copied the changes that were done to the branch..Thats why I asked wh!at where the changes made and I would go to the author because I figures you would know exactly what was changed and if someone has issues you should be able to assist on how to install.
I asked you a number a times what where ALL the changes made. For example when most ppl post resources and explain it step by step on how to add something. Not everyone has the same knowledge base in programming as I told you I'm more of an artist but I have a little knowledge of programming but obviously not where you are. A good explanation can go a long way.
Anyways I'll restart my test and see where that ends me up to. Maybe I did copy something that was for the shading pipeline but as I said a good explanation of the altered files would help..Even for us dummies!!!
Last edited by jay1ne on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:53 pm
This isn't a resource and was never presented as such, I have no interest in porting it to deferred lighting. You're on your own, good luck.
jay1ne
by jay1ne » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 pm
I know it wasn't a resource my point was in an attempt at porting something and have questions about something go to the author of the code..but that's fine if you have no interest on porting your own code. Hopefully somebody will be willing to help me out..It really would be a neat feature to add to the list of list things out the box in T3D..Ijs

Anyone feel the sameway send me a message, the more heads on this the better..
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm
jay1ne wrote:As I mentioned I have it compiling but it crashes upon load any level..The breakpoint or crash points to \source\materials\matinstance.cpp(521,0): {Fatal} - Not init'ed!
and another points to shaders/common/lighting/advanced/vectorLightP.hlsl(263,11): error X3013: 'autogenCondition_bde4cbab': function does not take 6 parameters
Failed to initialize material 'AL_VectorLightMaterial'

When I took a look at the line the last one pointed to. I think it was pointing to the return AL_DeferredOutput(lightColorOut, colorSample.rgb, matInfo, addToResult, specular, Sat_NL_Att);

Looks like you snagged the one from pbr, if youre using AL_DeferredOutput, general direction would be something along the lines of...

A) {Fatal} - Not init'ed! is typically shadergen related and crops up when it goes looking for a previouisly defined variable and it's blank. (or has one and theres no application tie-in. can never remmber which)
B) vectorlightP.hlsl likewise was rewritten, with that AL_DeferredOutput being the per-pixel equivalent we'd discussed, and the other new method being the generalized cook-torrence, so you'll need to roll those portions back.
C) you'll want the older reflect one from https://github.com/andr3wmac/Torque3D/b ... lectP.hlsl and you'll need drop the matInfoSample metalness lookup off the side.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:26 am
Now that we have dx11 is this going to happen ?
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 am
Any news?
andrewmac

by andrewmac » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:53 pm
Chelaru wrote:Now that we have dx11 is this going to happen ?

The only reason I made this is because the DX9 limitation prevented light propagation volumes from being efficiently implemented in realtime. If DX9 support is dropped and DX11 is the norm someone should rewrite the injection and propagation steps to use compute shaders and you'll have realtime light propagation volumes instead of baked.
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:17 am
I can't wait to see that implemented. I am reading the following article now : http://www.crytek.com/download/Light_Pr ... olumes.pdf
68 posts Page 7 of 7