[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5150: file_get_contents(https://freedomsponsors.org/api/project/294): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Torque GDK - Forums | Torque 3D

Torque GDK

5 posts Page 1 of 1
RasterRon

by RasterRon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:01 am
Hey guys,

It's been a while and I have mentioned before that I've been working on a couple of Torque toolsets some time ago and now started to pick it up again recently and made a bit of progress. Of course, I will be using the latest 3.9 for this version and here's what I have been planning and working on so far..

* Project Manager and Launcher
* Few Editor layout and changes
* 2D and 3D Toolset
* Existing feature patches

Torque GDK will be focused more on content, some demos, game creation and nothing really heavy on the engine code side. If there will be some cases or changes to the source, it will still be related to game creation and possibly extending game play features.

The toolset and engine fork will be free to use but not entirely opensource as they will be available only as binaries. Released game scripts and demos will be of course open source and in case of contributions or shared content, the licensing or terms will depend on the author. I'd be glad to post more details about this and other stuff once the project homepage is up and the draft site should be almost done.

Actually, I have been working on a few game engines and experimental projects, with both 2D and 3D, while jumping in and out of T3D, so I could really use a crash course and possibly some help on other areas in getting a few things to work, particularly with the latest changes and some torque scripting on the side.

I could post a planned roadmap of some sort because I'm still trying to work out some ideas or other solutions that are more likely to produce good results, so be back for more and possibly some screenshot or updates.

Greetings and cheers. :)
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 pm
Nice to see you back in action, as it were ;)

This sounds pretty slick, so I'm all for it. Feel free to throw down the questions as needed, we're obviously more than happy to assist on that front.

Also, for the project manager, I'd suggest hitting up Timmy. He'd been working on getting it back up to speed with a cmake backend to standardize the project generation side of things. I think it was most of the way along, but needed a few polish spots. Can always see if he needs a hand in wrapping that sucker up.
RasterRon

by RasterRon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:13 pm
Thanks Jeff :) nice to be back and really appreciate the help.

The Project Manager that I'm working on and referring to here is more on the Torque Script and templating side and kind of different from the good ol' PHP powered Project Manager, I should probably give it another name to avoid some confusion. ;) I'm really not that familiar and have not worked on it that much, but I think it is still a handy tool to have. I still use it for project generation when working on previous or older versions and I also see there are some awesome modules that requires it.

I hope this is still supported on future versions of Torque 3D aside from CMake. Is there some form of documentation or online links for developing with Project Manager?
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:33 pm
The PHP version isn't supported currently, but like said, Timmy made some good progress in porting it up to use cmake as the backend. So the frontend will be the same, but the backend uses the new standard. so that'll be nice :)

So what'll your PM do on the script side? Just help manage the game's settings and stuff?
RasterRon

by RasterRon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:19 pm
Ah that's great to know and it's for the better. :) I just hope there's a way or guide to port all compatible modules that still uses the old Project Manager.

Yes, something like that which is more on the torque scripting and templating side, reusable components and some resource restructuring ideas. I'm almost done with some previews so hopefully I can present something good or at least that interesting. ;)
5 posts Page 1 of 1