The Master's Eye - playable demo part deux

2 posts Page 1 of 1
RichardM

by RichardM » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:14 pm

This is a copy of my blog at GarageGames

A few months ago I announced the release of the playable demo of my game The Master's Eye. Since then it has been downloaded by a number of you and some of you have send me some feedback about the game. The biggest issue seemed to be that it was not able to change to another resolution. At the time of the previous release (you can find the blog about that here) that was due to the fact that I was unable to change the size of the volumetric fog object. But this is all solved now and I am proud to say that you can now play it at any resolution greater or equal to 1024 x 768 (windowed or full screen). As a prove of this see the next image of the video options menu which was taken at a resolution of 1402 x 1122 although it might get a little bit cropped by the post.

Another addition was the DepthOfField post effect in the first mission with its wide views. An example of this is seen in the next image, which also contains the changed Smith-part.

I've also added some more variety to the second mission, which is a mine/cave/dungeon, by adding some interesting textures and more of this stuff. Again, this can be seen in the next image.

I have changed more things, but most of them are under the hood; code optimizations, improved 3D-models and so on.

At last, I have changed the installer, so that it won't ask for restart, which was a little bit of an annoyance.

Finally, I would like to show you an image of the first mission, now in a 16:9 resolution.

Now I am going to concentrate on the start of the crowdfunding campaign to get some cash to bring this epic project to an end (I think it will land around 10 or more missions), and maybe going to try to sell some beta versions (thanks to Mr. Steve Acaster for pointing me in that direction in my previous blog).

You can download the demo here at my site and if you take the effort to do so and play it for a while... feedback is very much appreciated!

Thank you for reading this and I do hope you will spare a moment and download the game.

Richard
Steve_Yorkshire

by Steve_Yorkshire » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:16 pm
Congrats, Richard. Good luck with funding.
:)
2 posts Page 1 of 1