Open Community  ·  1 fan

MegaMotion

Guess what? We're importing to Blender!

chriscalef

I was going to make a more interesting video to demonstrate this new thing, but short of time and ran out of patience. My new thing: MegaMotion BVH exports import perfectly into Blender using MakeWalk! Which means that I am no longer going to be making videos featuring exclusive use of the Daz3D Michael4 character in his black underwear. Instead, I now have available the entire range of characters that can be created with MakeHuman or the Manuel Bastioni Lab, complete with clothing, expressions, hand animation, and of course all the fancy lighting effects and everything else you can have with a non-realtime rendering engine.

To celebrate, I have made a video featuring a different white guy in black underwear. Sorry. Expect more and better as time allows.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Ron! Yeah, I'm becoming more and more enamored with Blender the more I use it. I never messed with it much, just because I live primarily in compiler land, but I definitely knew it was there... Now though it's filling two separate, giant roles for me and it's even gotten me to appreciate python, lol. Go Blender!