Pull Request: New Base Template

This forum is for tracking and working on active issues that need to be resolved, as well as testing Pull Requests that are waiting to be integrated into Torque 3D.
51 posts Page 4 of 6
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 am
JeffR wrote:Also agree about the editors having self-contained guiProfiles.
It's just that there's so many controls in the tools it's gunna take a bit to do, haha.

Like I mentioned in my TorqueLab thread, I can help making the stock editor independant of the game templates. Also renaming the GuiProfiles is not a big deal if using a good text replacer tool. For TorqueLab, I used a tools called grepWin and it saved me a lot of time: http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/grepWin.html
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:52 pm
Alright, sorry for the delay on this(had to get my car fixed which took my afternoons for a bit).

Looks like we'll be going forward on the modular-based layout, so I'll spend the next few days wrapping that up and get her rolled in.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:39 am
Alright guys,

https://github.com/Areloch/Torque3D/tree/BaseGameTemplate

I *think* I got the remaining issues squashed and this cleaned up. So everyone give this a pull and a test. If there are no remaining major problems, this can get PR'd in.

BaseGame template now replaces the Empty template, and is the default template selected in cmake. Once a FPS gameplay module is finished, the Full template will be removed.

In the Templates/Modules folder, there's a BlankGame module. If you drop this in the data folder instead of the other modules that are part of the BaseGame template, you'll get an ultra barebones game setup. It's enough to spawn a level and connect to it with a local instance and nothing else. As mentioned above, I'm working at an FPS gameplay module to replicate the contents of the Full template, which will also be placed into the Templates/Modules directory, as well as modules for the pacific art content and whatnot for ease of dropping in and going.

So yeah, give it all a whirl, lets make sure there aren't any real problems remaining and we can get this rolled in.
Johxz
by Johxz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:35 pm
when I try to load a level

Executing tools/gui/guiPlatformGenericMenubar.ed.gui.
d:\newtemplate\basegametemplate\engine\source\console\consoleobject.cpp(174,0): {Warning} - Couldn't find class rep for dynamic class: GuiPlatformGenericMenuBar
tools/gui/guiPlatformGenericMenubar.ed.gui (0): Unable to instantiate non-conobject class GuiPlatformGenericMenuBar.

Executing tools/editorClasses/main.cs.
% - Initializing Tools Base

this occurred during exit the engine

http://pastebin.com/H3xHdqWi
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:30 pm
Ah, yeah. That's happening when SDL isn't active for the project. That class only really exists for SDL, so the editor code that initializes it is trying to activate a non-existant class.

Pretty sure there's an easy way to check for that so that'll be an easy fix.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:32 am
Alright, that's fixed and I also corrected a few more linux compat notices.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:34 am
Alright, fixed a few more issues that cropped up(somehow forgot to copy the splash image?!?!?!) and almost have the FPS gameplay module locked in. Gotta make sure the gameplay mode properly initializes and it should be good. Should be all prepped and gold tomorrow for that part.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:41 am
Alright, fixed a few more general issues, and got the initial chunk for the FPS Gameplay module up there. Not 100% but it spawns the player via the DeathMatchGame game mode as per the level info setting, and it loads off a module-independent level list now, mirroring the datablock list.

Still need to wrap bugfixes on the fps module, namely the inventory isn't intiailized yet and the like, but it's almost done.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:54 pm
Got the FPSGameplay module pushed up on the basegametemplate branch last night, forgot to comment here, heh.

Few issues I'm already aware of, but I think it's most all of the way there not. FPSGameplay module is the default included with the basegame template, can remove that and dump in the SpectatorGameplay module for the empty-template style setup, or for a true barebones, strip everything out except the shaders folder and drup in the BlankGame module.

Issues I'm aware of: the generated textures for terrain are hardcoded to art/terrains/, so I'll have to remove the hardcode on that. Also note that the default postfx settings seem to be a little weird with the HDR/Bloom on the blank terrain map. Outpost, with it's own postfx preset works fine though.

Beyond that, I believe the FPS gameplay is functional. Giver 'er a whirl and lemme know if you spot any other issues with it.
saindd
by saindd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 pm
How does the Base Template here compare to https://github.com/eightyeight/t3d-bones?
51 posts Page 4 of 6