First sorry for my answer, I don't have intention to offend anyone.
oh come on! really??? "How to make a MMO"? what's wrong with you? why the sarcasm? some people don't want to just copy and paste the entire engine and published in store steam
sorry but someone has to say it.
@ Dwarf King
as you can see the last posts about tutorials/books, I was collaborating so I know the existence of all this documentation/books/tutorials/pages...
so what are you saying is do all this and that's it?? right?
and why are you only talking about FPS tutorials??
A lot of this are outdated and anybody don't know if still work even the SC don't know I read some "SC/other people" answered where they recommend a tutorials/guide and then a error/problem and then they answered was "oh! that is deprecated"
seriously?? and the newbie need to struggle even days for realise that was a deprecated.update the documentation, documented the new features, do more tutorials
have all of this revised and organized. But I suppose the same old lurker will be the same using torque3d in the future... if we not change that.
Anybody was using some other engine? you all sure read the tutorial/documentation section, so what's the difference with torque 3D documentation?
Hi, yes I know sorry about that, is wide open, but is a bit true, let me explain. This is for the community. Like dwarf said a lot of people said about the lack of guides and tutorials, why people said that? I know it because I read that sometimes reddit/garagegames/IRC/other games develop pages/other game engine pages. I know is not lack but is very disorganized and outdated.
This engine is more for programmers that artist, some of tutorials/documentation is with code.... but dawrf what is not said is a lot of this tutorials have "code" attached and you can't download from gg or any site, code writing by someone in a rush and only god know what that creature want to do hahaha, old videos removed, incomplete guides (part 1 to 5 but only 1 exist), post/tutorials/guides removed by someone went crazy and erase everything, images removed or broken, broken code, the post have pages of different people through the ages updating the code in a very disorganized manner and then it don't work
or you need to download some other file from other post to complete this but that post was erase, very very old tutorials post that can work but with a lot of work and you need to know the engine C++/TS to update that.
This job is for do a clean quality documentation/tutorials/HOW-TO section. Old documentation will be revised, updated, with new tutorial/guides or how-to. The jobs It will be phased or milestone and the pay always it will be at the end. The person who help, need to published in the wiki, then be reviewed and approved, then it will pay. The SC and the community will be involve to improve or give advice.
So how about if the newcomer want to do: (how they begin with?)
1) A car game or add a car in they game.
2) A board game
3) Or they want to do a mirror
4) Or a radar
5) Or a camera, where you can use different "security cameras"
6) Some game effect (the common ones) like fire, etc...
7) How about if the newcomer want to do a FPS but instead of pistol they want to use magic, like ice ball, fire or something.
9) If the game is a space ship? how they can add a model and how they can change the soldier model for the ship?
10) How about if the newcomer want to do a 2D or 2.5D game and they want to use Torque3D?
11) A horizontal menu where you can select items (The common ones)
12) Or they want to place objects in the game to build stuff (Very popular this days) (I'm not talking voxel, just to place different object). How they begin? or at least some basic of placing cubes one above the other.
Just a ideas from people that sometimes I read on posts.