TheoraTextureObject problems

PaulWeston

Hi all,

Since I can't use Awesomium in a 64-bit build, I am exploring ways to duplicate that functionality using existing code.

We had some Flash video clips playing on our Awesomium shapes, I thought I could achieve the same thing with TheoraTextureObject.

So, I created .OGV versions of all the clips, set up the materials as they should be for the objects, and I try to pop one into the game.

Each time, it just comes up with a blank black texture. No warning or anything, and not the ugly orange "No Material" error, so it looks like it's halfway there, but I never see any of the video clips.

Is there something I am missing with this? All of this is stock now in the engine, correct?

Object I want to place video on: MyWebStarfield.dae (has a material named "WebStarfield")

My materials file:

singleton TheoraTextureObject(MyWebStarfieldTextureNametex)

{

texTargetName = "MyWebStarfieldTextureName";

theoraFile = "scripts/web/video/star_voyager1.ogv";

};

singleton Material(WebStarfield_WebStarfield)

{

mapTo = "WebStarfield";

diffuseMap[0] = "#MyWebStarfieldTextureName";

emissive[0] = "1";

};

The OGV files I have are pretty decent quality, perhaps they are too big? But they are not much bigger than another OGV file I am successfully playing in a GUI on game startup using GuiTheoraControl.

Anyhow, is anyone successfully using TheoraTextureObject to play videos on objects in-game, on a 64-bit build of 3.7 RC?

Thanks!