Thanks for this! Mind if I include it in my upcoming resource? Every pilot needs a shotgun
Would you care to share how you used the Lurker anims? I thought to do the same as you've done here by adding my weapons to the existing anims, given that I'm still learning MAX and am not quite up to doing the anims from scratch.
Use it anyway you like.
Just be mindful of the sounds being CC Attribution 3. This just means that you can include the readme.txt I placed in the archive with your resource and it is legal. CC 3 means you can do anything commercially or not just as long as you give some credit, though I wonder who Sun of RA is?
I could go into more detail about getting your weapon animated but right now I'll be brief. This is what I did.
Created the Shotgun and saved it as a .max file.
Imported the FP_Lurker.DAE into MAX using OpenCollada.
Increased Animation frames to 692
Rotated and resized the Shotgun until the handle, trigger, and muzzle lined up with the Lurker.
Selected the Lurker mesh and deleted it. Unfortunately you have to delete the muzzle flashes. They don't export correctly. Something I am trying to learn.
I then added a skin modifier to the shotgun mesh and added the four nodes(bones) called bn_Ammo, bn_Bolt, bn_Grenade Launcher and bn_Root.
Then I selected edit envelopes and "ticked" vertices. I opened up the weight tool. It's the wrench by the weight table.
I selected bn_Gun_Root in the bones window. Selected all vertices by dragging the mouse over the whole model, and pressed the 1 in the top right corner of the weight tool.
I selected the bn_Ammo_Clip in the bones window and selected as many vertices as I could easily do and set them to 1.
Then I opened the Weight Table and scrolled through until I saw where I had given some vertices a weight of 1 and made an educated guess as to where the clip started and stopped. I selected that group by dragging my mouse to highlight the bunch and selected one in the group and turned it to 1. All selected turned to 1.
I then selected the bolt and isolated it vertices and gave it weight and likewise for the grenade launcher. The shotgun was pretty easy to isolate the vertices.
Through trial and error I got it and then when I played the animation it cycled through all the animations of the lurker.
I exported using OpenCollada making sure that animations were included and that it went to 692 frames.
All the animations are set and separated in the FP_Lurker.cs or in this case the FP_Shotgun.cs, then you have to mess about with the weapon states.
I have to go to bed.
Anyway, it would be easy enough to use a m16 or ak47 in the same way.