Fully Animated First Person Shotgun

Graphical resources like models and images.
28 posts Page 1 of 3
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:37 am
Shotgun for Torque 3.6.3 by Jason Campbell

Note: Shotgun Fire Sound and Shotgun Reload Pump have a Creative Commons License please see readme.txt in the archive, if you use them, they are free to use with Attribution.

Screenshot at bottom of post.

Fully Animated First Person Shotgun. Third person included.

Use however you like.

Skip Part One if you are adding shotgun to existing project.

Part One: Adding shotgun to new stock T3D 3.6.3

Download the package here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?earxhuqvnw4t0nu

Drop the included game folder directly in your projects folder that contains your game folder.

Merge folders and say yes to over-writing.

Your new shotgun is ready to use. Hit 3 key ingame.

Part Two: Adding shotgun to existing project.

For the purpose of this asset, we will replace the Lurker Grenade Thrower(sorry that's what I did.)

Download the package here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?cxa9okrhmhnxivh

Drop the included game folder directly in your projects folder that contains your game folder.

Merge with existing folders.

Open game/scripts/client/default.bind.cs

and replace this:

Code: Select all

moveMap.bindCmd(keyboard, "3", "commandToServer('use',\"LurkerGrenadeLauncher\");", "");

with this:

moveMap.bindCmd(keyboard, "3", "commandToServer('use',\"Shotgun\");", "");

If you have a config.cs also in game/scripts/client make sure you replace the above also.

Open game/art/datablocks/datablockExec.cs

and under (// Load the weapon datablocks) add:

exec("./weapons/Shotgun.cs");

Open game/art/datablocks/player.cs

under // Allowable Inventory Items add:

maxInv[Shotgun] = 1;
   maxInv[ShotgunClip] = 8;

Open game/scripts/server/gameCore.cs

in function GameCore::loadOut(%game, %player)

replace this:

%player.setInventory(LurkerGrenadeLauncher, 1);
%player.setInventory(LurkerGrenadeAmmo, %player.maxInventory(LurkerGrenadeAmmo));
%player.addToWeaponCycle(LurkerGrenadeLauncher);

with this:

%player.setInventory(Shotgun, 1);
%player.setInventory(ShotgunClip, %player.maxInventory(ShotgunClip));
%player.setInventory(ShotgunAmmo, %player.maxInventory(ShotgunAmmo));
%player.addToWeaponCycle(Shotgun);

Open game/art/shapes/actors/Soldier/FP/FP_SoldierArms.cs

Add to the end of function FP_SoldierArmsDAE::onLoad(%this)

// BEGIN: Shotgun Sequences
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE run", "Shotgun_run", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE sprint", "Shotgun_sprint", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE idle", "Shotgun_idle", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE idle_fidget1", "Shotgun_idle_fidget1", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE fire", "Shotgun_fire", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE reload", "Shotgun_reload", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE fire_alt", "Shotgun_fire_alt", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE switch_out", "Shotgun_switch_out", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
%this.addSequence("art/shapes/weapons/Shotgun/shotgun_FP.DAE switch_in", "Shotgun_switch_in", "0", "-1", "1", "0");
   // END: Shotgun Sequences

That should do it.

Attachments

shotgun2.jpg
shotgun2.jpg (73.8 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
Last edited by Jason Campbell on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Duion

by Duion » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:08 am
Looks really interesting, how did you make the animations? But you should leave the grenade launcher alone and find another solution.
Duion

by Duion » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 pm
I just noticed the very unrealistic ammo clip on the shotgun...
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm
Perhaps I should give instructions on how to leave the grenade launcher alone. The animations are just from the Lurker. The only unrealistic thing about the clip is the bolt animation. You should replace the clip then give one pump to fill the breach. Perhaps I could make that animation happen, actually. Or is there something else unrealistic about it?

This is sort of what I was going for.

Attachments

IU-9870_LRG.jpg
IU-9870_LRG.jpg (25.03 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
Duion

by Duion » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:30 pm
Did not believe this thing really exists, but I looked it up and it is from an air soft shop, I have never seen this kind of design on a real shotgun and I don't think it exists, since this design does not make much sense.

I wondered where you got the animations from, but now I remember the lurker grenade launcher has such an reload animation, so you used that for your reload?

There is an even easier implementation, you don't need all this FP- and TP model stuff or animations in the .dae file, you can just go copy the lurker datablock, rename it and replace the model, change the settings and done.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:07 pm
Look up the Grizzly semi auto shotgun. I'm confused, the design makes sense to me. Reloading can occur much quicker. They even make semi autos with drum mags.

Yes I used alt fire of the grenade launcher as shotgun fire. Regarding implementation, thats what I did. Copy the Lurker datablock with different spread and projectile count. The reason for two different models is for cleanliness. The third person model doesn't require any animations or bones so why not have a seperate model with only required nodes?

Of course you need animations in the .dae file. That is where they exist. The first person arms are not animated by themselves. They require the weapon for that.
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:07 pm
Nice Jason! good work.
LukasPJ
Site Admin

by LukasPJ » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:36 am
This looks great Jason, thanks for sharing! And thanks for sharing the script changes too, I'm sure that'll help out a lot of people, looking to add new weapons :P

Would you mind if I use this as a reference for a new wiki page?
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm
LukasPJ wrote:This looks great Jason, thanks for sharing! And thanks for sharing the script changes too, I'm sure that'll help out a lot of people, looking to add new weapons :P

Would you mind if I use this as a reference for a new wiki page?

No problem. I hoped it might be useful. Please do use it for the wiki. Though Torque does have a steep learning curve , once parts of it are demystified it becomes pretty easy to digest. Thanks
Duion

by Duion » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm
You have to admit that you used quite some tricks for this resource, you rebranded existing animations and datablocks, but at least your weird shotgun looks good, even though it is amateurishly modeled.
Where did you get the sound files from?
28 posts Page 1 of 3