Fully Animated First Person Shotgun

Graphical resources like models and images.
28 posts Page 3 of 3
Duion

by Duion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:55 pm
Found another issue, you made no shell ejector at the right side of the weapon, you have it on the left side, which is wrong, combined with a bolt the player handles, which is more wrong.
Textures are also wrong and do not load properly.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm
I noted the bolt action as unrealistic in one of my first responses. I never claimed an ultra-realistic shotgun. I never claimed a fully animated third person weapon. The exit for spent casing, though wrong,is barely noticeable and easily fixable.

@Dioun, my new suggestion is that you do not use this. Understandably because of it's many flaws. :) Again, I'm not offended but you must admit, that you have a strange obsession with breaking this apart. I never claimed perfection but as a very first model I've ever made, it's not bad. I noticed it in that resource for WorldLab/Gamelab and sorry, it just doesn't look that out of place.

@Everyone else, I hope that this is a good base for making your own new weapons.

Edit: I'll fix the spent casing ejection and look into the texture mapping.
Edit2: I take that back, I'm leaving the shell ejection alone. This is a fantasy gun really that allows a bolt action to place a fresh round into the breach. Plus you never see the other side of the gun in first person so...I need to move on to other things.
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 am
Yeah I gave it a try in my GameLab project and it's working. Wasn't that hard to make it an extra weapon but I noticed the bad material naming/texture mapping. I was planning to give a try to see if it's fixable with 3dsmax by loading the .dae. I never really tried to open animated .dae for edit.

Let me know if you plan to fix it, else I will proceed with updating the mapping.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:38 pm
I’ll try to fix it once I understand how to. :)
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm
I dont know what tool you use but should be as simple as changing the texture map name. Look for something like: _1_-_Default and Material__25 and set a better name.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm
ok thanks. I use 3d max. will fix it tonight.

Edit: I changed the maps to wood and metal. Hope that is good?
Duion

by Duion » Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm
Jason Campbell

Your shotgun model is in the latest version of Uebergame, so in case anyone wants to see it in action, he can try it out.
I modified the model a bit, reduced some polygons and removed the texture maps since the UV maps were broken somehow. I used only the model and made my own scripts and sounds, but still a decent placeholder.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun May 15, 2016 6:57 pm
That's cool Duion, you're doing a good job with Ubergame. That's a ton of work. The new menus and GUI look great.
28 posts Page 3 of 3