Last development commit binary! 32bit & 64bit

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Johxz
  by Johxz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:12 am
You want to test the last development commits, without compile? ;) just download and start playing around.

Download Torque3D

https://github.com/John3/Torque3D_Unofficial/releases

• Branch: Development
  • Compressed: 7zip
  • Compiled: default CMake options + CMake D3D11 + CMake OpenGL + CMake Bullet Physics + VS2015 release.
  • Template: Full or Empty
  • Physics: Bullet

**NOTE:** Development branch can have some bugs, but most of the time is very stable and safely to use.

=========================================================================================

System Requirements:

Minimum Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 1017U 1.60GHz or equivalent.
  • 2GB Ram
  • Intel HD Graphics 2500 or equivalent. (Updated drivers)

=========================================================================================

1. How to report a bug from development branch

If you found a bug, please report here: Issues

Please share:
  • what commit are you using.
  • The steps to reproduce the issue.
  • If you have some graphics issue, you version driver and graphics card.
  • Windows version.
  • If you aren't using these binaries, you compiled settings.

A pic or video always will be nice to explain a bug.

Q&A:

1. T3D trows me an error at start after change video settings
  • Just remove the file game/scripts/client/prefs.cs

1. I can develop a game with this?
  • Yes, but remember is using a development branch, may contain bugs.

1. How I can change the name of my game?
  • Rename game/Full.exe and from this file game/main.cs rename
    $appName = "Full";

Ok, so... you insist in compile yourself :D

How to compile Torque3D:

http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=5913#p5913

Last edited by Johxz on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Johxz
by Johxz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:42 am
Bump! Just to remember the new people where they can download the last dev! thx
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:23 am
As i recall, development branch is classified as an unstable non production branch.

it is also mostly assumed that people tinkering with development branches are in fact devs and can create their own executable.

The only easily available executable(s) should be the latest tagged release versions or at most release candidate versions for testing.

The alternative i guess would be a "nightly build" system that seems to be gaining popularity, but even that needs to be covered by some form of disclaimer in my opinion.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:36 am
Yeah, development branch is the 'work in progress and could have issues', but we try to keep it pretty stable and not break stuff if at all possible, so having a fairly up to date development binary should be MOSTLY safe :P

A minor bit of clarity of it being from the WIP development branch would be a good idea in general though, yeah just so no one confuses themselves.
Timmy
by Timmy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:38 am
I think this is a good idea, as long as people realise the above warnings that it is indeed the development branch. @
Johxz
the only thing i would recommend is to enable OpenGL and DirectX 11 with the cmake build.
Johxz
by Johxz » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:09 pm
it is also mostly assumed that people tinkering with development branches are in fact devs and can create their own executable.

Not necessary, maybe need to use the last feature, without walk all the way to compile. Even better because we have more people testing the development branch.

The only easily available executable(s) should be the latest tagged release versions or at most release candidate versions for testing.

Maybe you right, but what if someone found a bug from a RC/release, how can we minimize what commits broke a functionality? You can say I was using XXX commit and now don't work in this XXX commit. So, between they have maybe 15 commits? easily for hunt bugs.

needs to be covered by some form of disclaimer in my opinion.

Done.

we try to keep it pretty stable and not break stuff if at all possible, so having a fairly up to date development binary should be MOSTLY safe

This is so true I was always using development branch from the beginning I start learning T3D, of course I found some bugs here and there then I report it.

the only thing i would recommend is to enable OpenGL and DirectX 11 with the cmake build
Done for the last commit and future commits.
Bloodknight
by Bloodknight » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:38 pm
I wasnt trying to be deliberately awkward, part of this comes from the fact that in the past non issues have been made issues simply by use of an executable built elsewhere.

Something else to consider is the fact that there are a large number of potential executables that are needed for the many things that need testing. Two different platforms both with 32 or 64 bit options 3 different renderers on windows (assuming opengl is only one and not sure if that is actually the case) 3 different physics implementations. Depending how you choose to combine them thats somewhere between 15 and 30+ base configurations

While i do to some extent agree with your positive case, i firmly believe that concise building instructions should be pushed into the faces of everyone who downloads torque.

Another alternative if this is really beneficial, is to utilise CI builds, they should be able to automate all cases of exe production so that you have to hand all main alternatives for those people who d not have time and patience to install all of the not included development libraries/SDKs.
Johxz
by Johxz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:49 pm
Bloodknight wrote:While i do to some extent agree with your positive case, i firmly believe that concise building instructions should be pushed into the faces of everyone who downloads torque.

Done! link: Torque3D compile tutorials

Bloodknight wrote:Something else to consider is the fact that there are a large number of potential executables that are needed for the many things that need testing.

Done!! link: builds with Bullet or 32b or 64b, empty or full

Bloodknight wrote:Another alternative if this is really beneficial, is to utilise CI builds, they should be able to automate all cases of exe production so that you have to hand all main alternatives for those people who d not have time and patience to install all of the not included development libraries/SDKs.

Done!!!

Yes, I know. I already have CI for some time to compile torque3D locally though.... ;) at somepoint would be public.

The good news! I have this builds on github! So please... start using it and any comment is welcome!

https://github.com/John3/Torque3D_Unofficial/releases

cheers!
J
Johxz
by Johxz » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:04 pm
Hello!!

Sorry for bumping this thread again! just to remember to you guys, you can download the new released Torque3D v3.9 in different flavors :lol: so START TESTING!!!

Download: https://github.com/John3/Torque3D_Unofficial/releases/tag/v1.0.8

T3Dv3.9_Empty_32bit.7z - Empty template

T3Dv3.9_FullBullet_32bit.7z - Full template with Bullet physics enable.

T3Dv3.9_FullSDL.7z - Full template with SDL library enable for handling input and window.

T3Dv3.9_Full_32bit.7z - Full template

T3Dv3.9_Full_x64.7z - Full template winx64

NOTE: All have enable DirectX 9.0, DirectX 11 and OpenGL.

And the new addiction, you can download the latest engine/script documentation.

Torque.3D.v3.9-.Engine.Reference.chm
    Torque.3D.v3.9-.Script.Manual.chm

any comment are welcome...
Johxz
by Johxz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm
Just a remainder, if anyone want to test without compile, just download the last dev commit from here:

https://github.com/John3/Torque3D_Unoff ... ag/v1.0.14

Go ahead and download to start testing the new coming release.
11 posts Page 1 of 2