Mounting the Cheetah

BradleyK

Hi, 'm new here but not new to T3D and the previous engines. I have a question about mounting the Cheetah in T3D 3.8 I noticed that all of the scripts are in the proper places but the player will not mount the cheetah on impact. Could someone help me figure this out?

I was the guy. ;)

And that's correct. For some reason the 3.8 binaries are no good. You need to compile your own for collision to work with staticShapes, vehicles, and AI players. So grab a copy of MS Visual Studio 2012 Express, compile, and you should be good to go with vehicle mounting.

Sounds like the precompiled binaries are using PhysX instead of Rigid(Torque) for physics calculations.

And also we recommend Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2015 (Retail/Commercial and Community editions work) for Windows platform programming as the older Visual Studio versions aren't actively supported anymore.

Using CMake will generate the project files for the appreciate Visual Studio version you have available.

As for projectGenerator created projects I've personally been using the solution file in buildFiles\Visual Studio 2012\ directory since it's always just worked for VS2013. But I did have to make sure that all projects' Platform Toolset property is correctly set to Visual Studio 2013 (v120), or want to support Windows XP too: Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp). Cause as far as I know of Visual Studio 2012 through 2015 all use identical project (XML-based) file structure, but the compiler is different for each of those versions, of which is configured as to which one to use via previously mentioned Platform Toolset project property.

But I did have to make sure that all projects' Platform Toolset property is correctly set to Visual Studio 2013 (v120), or want to support Windows XP too: Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp). Cause as far as I know of Visual Studio 2012 through 2015 all use identical project (XML-based) file structure, but the compiler is different for each of those versions, of which is configured as to which one to use via previously mentioned Platform Toolset project property.

Yup - if you want to target WinXP you have to tell it to use the v110 (if I recall correctly) - otherwise it's cool.