Torque3d Features - Issues - Wishlist

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:40 am
Hm, but ScatterSky is just sky, with procedurally interpolated colors, correct?

I'm thinking more in terms of replacing a skybox that includes distant terrain, so I would need an actual image mapped to the inside of a sphere.

But anyway... not my highest priority at the moment, but certainly of interest in the future. Thanks for the link, @
JeffR
!
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:45 am
chriscalef wrote:Hm, but ScatterSky is just sky, with procedurally interpolated colors, correct?

Nah, Actual procedurally generated mesh, not a plane or cube. That method I pointed to earlier is the one of hooks to the verts that get sent down the line to the vertbuffer.

Bloodknight wrote:[*]Vehicle steering return-to-centre

https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D ... .cpp#L1112 - cross that one off too.
rlranft

by rlranft » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:01 pm
JeffR wrote:
rlranft wrote:
Bloodknight wrote:
  • 3d skybox - "skybox" is by definition 3D

This is referring to what the UT99 engine or GoldSrc/Source did for skyboxes, where you basically have the skybox read from a dynamic cubemap probe in a little sub-area in the map. That way, you could model your terrain and add other details/models, and it would act as a dynamic skybox rather than a static image. This is useful for dynamic situations, such as, say, a huge distant forest fire and having the smoke from that animated, while very much perceptually being in the distance.

I thought that was the definition of skybox - just that we weren't taking full advantage.
Johxz
by Johxz » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:50 pm
added old discussion related: Artist and level designers
14 posts Page 2 of 2