How do I make new GUI for Torque3d?

-BFA- Alex

Hello all. I have found this engine recently and I have noticed it is open source software. Does that mean I can Make my own game Engine based on Torque?

If so, I will credit you.

Here are my questions....

Can I make completely new UI for the editor for torque and re-release it as my own game engine? I will have a new name, logo. I will also credit you guys.

2. How do I create new UI for torque?

Thanks!

Torque 3D is already a game engine... but yeah, you could rebrand it if you really wanted to.

To make a new UI, just open the GUI Editor (from the main menu on a Full or Empty project - or by hitting F10 from within a running mission).

You might want to read the documentation - http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d/documentation

EDIT- just to be clear, the editor UI bits are in the tools folder....

Edited by rlranft

You don't even know how to change some basic UI code and you want to make "your own engine"? Sounds like you want to create a branded version of Torque and sell it on Steam for a quick profit.

Otherwise, if you just want to learn, make a skin and share it here. Don't be a dick.

No, I did not mean to make new GUI for a GAME. I meant new GUI or UI FOR the EDITOR itself to make games with. o I need visual studio?

I know what you meant - all of the UI for the editor is kept in the same type of UI files that the game uses. They are the same. Identical. Edited with the same tool. The editor UI was created with the provided GUI Editor. They are kept in the TOOLS folder of the project - that's where the editor scripts and UI files are kept, because those are tools and they belong in the tools folder. You do not need Visual Studio - you can open them in Torque's GUI Editor. Because they're the same as the game GUI files.

No, I did not mean to make new GUI for a GAME. I meant new GUI or UI FOR the EDITOR itself to make games with. o I need visual studio?

I know what you meant - all of the UI for the editor is kept in the same type of UI files that the game uses. They are the same. Identical. Edited with the same tool. The editor UI was created with the provided GUI Editor. They are kept in the TOOLS folder of the project - that's where the editor scripts and UI files are kept, because those are tools and they belong in the tools folder. You do not need Visual Studio - you can open them in Torque's GUI Editor. Because they're the same as the game GUI files.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac349/ChrisLong333/F11%20Editor%20GUI.png

2. How do I create new UI for torque?

If you kick off your project by asking this .... :shock: :shock: :shock: Well good luck to you! :lol:

You'll need to (1) learn Torquescript first, and then (2) earn respect by mastering TS

Then you might get some help here and there.