Welcome to the forums! [README]

LukasPJ

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

This post is the go-to place for information you need to get started with the Torque3D forums.

Other websites

This is just the forums for discussions on Torque3D, other websites that you should know of include

It's also worth noting that GarageGames.com has been the home for the Torque3D community for very long, but ever since they released their game engine under the MIT license, the community has been wanting to move to another home.

How to use the forums

In this section, I want to describe various tools at your disposal.

Quick links

On the top of the page, you can see a drop-down menu called "quick-links", on this menu you have access to a lot of stuff like unread posts, new posts etc. this is very helpful to see what has happened while you were gone.

Topic tools

Similarly you can find various topic options next to the "Post a Reply" button at the top of a topic. The button called "Topic tools" allows you to subscribe to a topic, get a print-friendly view, email the topic to a friend or bookmarking it for later.

Themes

All of this topic assumes that you use the default theme, but you can change the theme if you want. This can be done in the "User Control Panel" under the "Board preferences" tab.

Active topics

If you want to read all the most active topics about Torque3D for example, you can click the category header, e.g. Torque3D and look at the Active Topics box below the list of forums.

Code of conduct

See here: https://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=11702#p11702

I'll keep updating this topic with new information as I come up with it.