Client-side animation issues

PaulWeston

Hi all,

Went to test our game in multiplayer, and the player animations are all wonky.

To the host, the client appears fine - if he changes weapons or does a salute or whatever the host sees it properly.

However, client-side, the player animations are all mixed up. When the client salutes, the host sees a salute but the client sees a wave. When the client dies, he sees a celebration animation while the host correctly sees the death animation.

I don't remember this being an issue before, and am wondering what could be causing it... I have used this same build/exe in another game and it was fine, so perhaps it is just something with my scripts. We are using a port of the Advanced Character Kit which controls the fancy animations, so when the player switches guns it plays a specific animation for that weapon. Also, he has swinging arms for melee weapons. All of that is messed up on the client but fine on the host.

There must be something that is screwing it up client-side, any ideas?

Thanks

lol ya that could be fun...

It's really weird, have never seen it before.

It's basically the same exe/dll as our other game, just with the PhysX taken out. In the other game, I always play it multiplayer and have never noticed these animation issues - and like I said it's the same engine, with the advanced character kit integrated. The codebase is from around T3D 3.0.

It must be script related, we are growing this new game and must have done something that breaks the animation sequences client-side. But what the hell would do that?!? If animations work host-side, how are they handled any differently on the client in terms of the scripts?

It will probably end up being something obvious I'm overlooking which I will figure out eventually, but I had to ask in case anyone had seen this before.

Thanks

OK phew, turned out to be simple.

Thought I had both machines synched up with latest code, but had missed one of the animation .cs files for the player models, it had one less animation listed in the add sequences step.

Anyhow just did a compile fresh mirror on the other machine and all the anims work client side again. Glad it was just a synch issue.