Need help

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
mikebigball
by mikebigball » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 am
I thought I found a source of free terrains a few months ago, but now I can't find it. I can't find the files I remember downloading on my disks anymore either. Google searches are only coming up with documentation pages.

Anyone know what website that might have been on?
Duion

by Duion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:01 pm
It would really help if you could provide any information regarding what you are searching for. How were they named, what format are they etc etc
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:28 am
It's down now but you might mean torqueterrains.com it was a group of terrains and textures made by Andy Wright. Here's a link to a post made by Andy. I guess you could try to PM him...I might have them somewhere but I'm not certain.

http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=99
damik
by damik » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm
i found pack from torqueterrains.com in my disk. 1.35Gb

https://yadi.sk/d/gnYkOSR53RdAUT
Duion

by Duion » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:27 pm
@
damik

I would not bother too much with free example resources, they are good for testing, learning and prototyping, but in the long run you almost always may want to make something unique your own, it is not that hard to learn terrain generators.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 am
As I recall, there were some decent terrain textures in that pack.
Duion

by Duion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm
I don't remember exactly, but I think all the terrains and textures had weird licenses.
damik
by damik » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 pm
TorqueTerrains.com End User License Agreement (EULA)

YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.

THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND TORQUETERRAINS.COM. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. BY DOWNLOADING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE PRODUCT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, UNDERSTAND THEM, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT.

Simple Description:

You can use or modify this product according to your need for your project (games/virtual world/simulation), with the following limitations:
You can't use this pack to make and sell more content packs.
You can't make derived works and release or sell the source files.
You don't own the content. The products are only licensed to you, they are not sold to you. All content is still copyrighted and owned by TorqueTerrains.Com and its partnering authors (unless stated otherwise within the relevant pack).

End User License Terms:

1. SOFTWARE LICENSE: With the download of this product you get the license to use the 3d models, textures and animations in modified or unmodified form for your 3d/2d projects (computer games / virtual worlds / simulation), renderings or animations, commercial or non-commercial. You are not allowed to resell or sublicense this product or its content to anyone else.
1a. You _are not_ permitted to:
• Create derivative works based on this content pack for retail sale or distribution by any means other than as provided by this agreement unless written permission is given.
• Remove any copyright or other of TorqueTerrains.com's proprietary notices.
• Reverse engineer or decompile any of the resources contained.

2. OWNERSHIP: This product and all of its content is proprietary material of TorqueTerrains.com and its partner authors (goodtextures.com for source imagery, their license is included and covers all textures where the source is from them. I have written permission from www.goodtextures.com to use their source imagery in this way) and may not be copied, reproduced, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without TorqueTerrains.com's prior written permission.

3. TERMINATION OF THIS LICENSE: TorqueTerrains.com may terminate this license at any time if you are in breach of the terms and conditions of use. Upon such termination you must and agree to immediately destroy all copies of this product and all of its accompanying documentation.

4. DISCLAIMER AND WARRANTY: TorqueTerrains.com provides the products related to this agreement "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this product.

5. CHOICE OF LAW: This agreement will be governed by the laws of England. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, This agreement, and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to this agreement or its formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims),
shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law

If you have questions concerning this EULA please contact our support (Andy@torqueterrains.com).
Johxz
by Johxz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 pm
Sorry I missed this post, few weeks ago I upload the files to github

https://github.com/Torque3D-Games-Demos ... D_Terrains

Please read the instruction and the license file.

You need to use the new module templates. This demo levels was tested with the last development branch.
9 posts Page 1 of 1