Biggest Tease - Trench

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:52 am
I always forget about Trench, I was looking today and it says Released December 1st. I think someone malicious has control of their account. Heh.

It just looks and sounds so amazing. Really shows what Torque can look like with a lot of work. :)

it's really a shame that they couldn't have packaged up or released a demo or alpha just so we could play with the mechanics.

Anyway just wanted to bring up Trench, after looking at that teaser again.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-trench
Happenstance
by Happenstance » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:34 pm
Interesting. Never heard of this one. Looks like it's a dead project, though?

It'd be nice if some of these developers would be more active in the community. I can't help but think there's some good improvements to the engine lurking in the codebases of games like Steam Hammer, Frozen Synapse 2, etc. that we'll never see.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:12 am
It is strange they are completely separate. Just watching the terrain deform from those incredible explosions, crazy. It does seem dead, sadly. The engine changes must be large.
Duion

by Duion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 pm
Jason Campbell wrote:It is strange they are completely separate. Just watching the terrain deform from those incredible explosions, crazy. It does seem dead, sadly. The engine changes must be large.

Where? I cannot see that in any video.
And even if, it would just be a terrain lowering action, the only engine changes it would need is a proper networking and implementation, but the feature is already there.
4 posts Page 1 of 1