Where is everyone?

Friendly conversations, and everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
21 posts Page 2 of 3
Jason Campbell
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 am
 
by Jason Campbell » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:45 pm
Duion wrote:
Janders wrote:Godot 3.0 happened :P

And?


I'm just guessing but I think he means, it's a big deal. People have been waiting for 3.0 for awhile. It's a great time to be alive, if your a game dev.
Duion
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:18 am
If you want to make mobile or 2D games maybe, but those people are not with Torque3D to begin with.
Happenstance
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:08 pm
by Happenstance » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:33 pm
Godot has a lot going for it but 3.0 is still a ways out from being "production ready" in my opinion. In another 6-8 months I expect 3.0 will be stable enough to use and should be a viable alternative to Unity for 3D games.

I'm sticking with T3D, though. I like how 4.0 is shaping up - dropping DX9, (finally) pushing the entity component stuff, streamlining the templates, etc. are big steps forward.
Duion
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:21 pm
Yes, don't underestimate the value of being production ready. Torque may look ancient, but the benefit is, that it has been production ready for like a decade now or so, while many upcoming engines have yet to reach that status.
chriscalef
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 pm
by chriscalef » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 pm
I'm still here, toiling alone off in the deep woods. Not leaving T3D anytime soon though, and hoping to have some cool videos to share shortly. Finally got a week off from day job to actually push the ball forward. Currently most involved in BadBehavior trees.

Been unusually rare here in recent months also due to a rather fun side track I just stepped back from, involving a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of MPU6050 accelerometer/gyroscope chips. (More on that later, but short story is I learned a lot, and made a lot of progress, but it doesn't work yet.)
Zarosath
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 am
by Zarosath » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 am
well i think i understand what may have been lacking is catering torque3d for its intended audience may be measured. I see and think about torque has been great especially considering the leap in whats expected to be 4.0. I only mean to say that there is much consideration in terms of what may be seen from where code meets the market and to be easily included into the game script and templating elsewhere, for instance what i liked about torque when i'd first purchased it was that it were 'good networking, complete game modding engine' with torquescript. I think you need to drive enthusiasm as for the community in showcasing its ability for content in said manors.
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm
 
by JeffR » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:20 am
chriscalef wrote:I'm still here, toiling alone off in the deep woods. Not leaving T3D anytime soon though, and hoping to have some cool videos to share shortly. Finally got a week off from day job to actually push the ball forward. Currently most involved in BadBehavior trees.


Ah, very cool!
Been unusually rare here in recent months also due to a rather fun side track I just stepped back from, involving a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of MPU6050 accelerometer/gyroscope chips


Oh no, you fool! Rasberry Pi is a vortex of free time! ;)

Zarosath wrote:well i think i understand what may have been lacking is catering torque3d for its intended audience may be measured. I see and think about torque has been great especially considering the leap in whats expected to be 4.0. I only mean to say that there is much consideration in terms of what may be seen from where code meets the market and to be easily included into the game script and templating elsewhere, for instance what i liked about torque when i'd first purchased it was that it were 'good networking, complete game modding engine' with torquescript. I think you need to drive enthusiasm as for the community in showcasing its ability for content in said manors.


This is true, for sure. As I've mentioned, the 'big' stuff for 4.0 will be in by years end with all the e/c stuff, the new asset pipeline, PBR. etc
At that point, I've a plot to get a proper demonstration of the engine put together, and other further examples, starter kits and stuff can for sure follow which makes it a LOT easier for people to see stuff and get excited :)
Zarosath
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 am
by Zarosath » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm
Look I think what is failed to realize that Torque is a showcase is as complete game is reflection of itself and i think this needs to be realized.
Azaezel
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:50 pm
 
by Azaezel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm
Zarosath wrote:Look I think what is failed to realize that Torque is a showcase is as complete game is reflection of itself and i think this needs to be realized.


Not quite parsing that one. Elaborate?
Duion
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:51 am
 
by Duion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:09 am
Zarosath wrote:Look I think what is failed to realize that Torque is a showcase is as complete game is reflection of itself and i think this needs to be realized.

Realized: http://store.steampowered.com/app/391780/Uebergame/
21 posts Page 2 of 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest