[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5150: file_get_contents(https://freedomsponsors.org/api/project/294): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Theora Video seems zoomed in - Page 2 - Forums | Torque 3D

Theora Video seems zoomed in

Level design, models, animations, physics, etc.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Nils

by Nils » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:33 am
So, nobody out there is using the Theora on Object stuff?

Theora had some issues in the past; and I recently needed to fix the looping as well. Therefore, I was cautious to use it in DeadlyMatter. There's always the image sequence function, which I think is a bit more safe to use imo (but displaying a movie could be too much for that method, I'll agree)

What do you mean by UV wrap in place? Something specific that needs to be done to the DAE model?

While working in max solely I'm not that all familiar with Blender. In a lot of cases it's good to UV unwrap your model, especially when having issues of the maps not properly positioned. However, I don't know if that's the case with your model; you'll have to try it out to know I guess.
newaged
by newaged » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:44 am
This is probably a model issue like the others said. I tested TheoraTextureObject on a properly mapped plane and it worked fairly well.
newaged
by newaged » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:08 am
Turns out it might not be a model issue after all. After changing some quality prefs, my theora test object was zoomed in as well. Could be an engine problem that requires some dirty work to fully fix.
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 pm
OK, I'm not crazy!

:)

So, why only on some quality pref settings, and why does the only sample video I can find of it in use show it working fine on a cube object?

Anyhow, glad somebody else is finally seeing what I was. Because we triple-checked the model and even started over with a fresh clean plane object and still get the same issue.

Experimented with every possible resolution and aspect ratio when coverting the videos too - 4:3, 16:9, standard 320X240 up to VCD settings, nothing works.

Can't understand why nobody would have caught this when adding this support to the engine - did nobody test it or something?
newaged
by newaged » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:10 pm
Peeked at the engine code. Can't say I understand how most of the back end works, but I figured out a temporary solution.
In gfx/video/theoratexture.cpp at line 60

Code: Select all

GFX_ImplementTextureProfile(  GFXTheoraTextureProfile,
                              GFXTextureProfile::DiffuseMap,
                              GFXTextureProfile::NoMipmap | GFXTextureProfile::Dynamic,
                              GFXTextureProfile::NONE );

Change that to this

Code: Select all

GFX_ImplementTextureProfile(  GFXTheoraTextureProfile,
                              GFXTextureProfile::DiffuseMap,
                       GFXTextureProfile::NoMipmap | GFXTextureProfile::Dynamic | GFXTextureProfile::PreserveSize,
                              GFXTextureProfile::NONE );

and texture scaling will be disabled.
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm
OMG wow, you're a saint... that's awesome :)

So, with this fix and a recompile, any size video I make will correctly pop on to the object and fit?
newaged
by newaged » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:13 pm
@
PaulWeston
As far as I can tell. Something to note - it seems the default behavior of zooming in the texture on low settings was intended. I don't know if it behaved that way to fix a problem, or if that problem is still here. It could also just be a quirk of some old code no one really uses or pays attention to, so it might not be a big deal. The change works fine for me in any case.
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:25 pm
That may be why it has not been noticed - most people run better computers than I do I guess, I'm only using a dual-core and it doesn't like anything other than everything set to Low for the video options.

Anyhow, am eager to try this out tonight when I get home from work, thanks again!
Nils

by Nils » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:56 am
That makes sense! Nice this one is getting fixed :-)

Good luck with your project @
PaulWeston
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 am
Thanks again, this trick works great!
20 posts Page 2 of 2