DeadlyMatter Show-off :-P

15 posts Page 1 of 2
Nils

by Nils » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:21 am
While we're extremely busy with the preparation of a crowd funding campaign
did I find it necessary to start showing you some glimpses of the work we've done :mrgreen:

[ + ] Click to see it at full resolution

Sorry, there's no time to explain it all, but the shot should tell some of it ;)

More soon!
Steve_Yorkshire

by Steve_Yorkshire » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:46 pm
Nice! I like the HUD icons a lot. :D
Also, resource your minmap code!
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:26 pm
Lookin pretty sexy there. Only complaint I could really level at it is the aliasing issues on the phone lines and stuff.

Beyond that, it's looking good :)
Nils

by Nils » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:46 am
Steve_Yorkshire wrote:Nice! I like the HUD icons a lot. :D
Also, resource your minmap code!

The icons show the health system we built (still mostly in TS btw :mrgreen: ) From top to down: blood level, blood sugar level, hydration, stomach content, oxygen saturation level, stamina (as strength/endurance) and physical health (damage level). These icons now work with steps of 25% (images) and (already) pretty well, but will be animated in the near future by using a new developed GUI object.

Timmy had to write a new GUI object for the minimap, to create a circle mask for the rotating map. Due to time limitations is the minimap especially designed for DM and the engine. Though originally T3D, are there a lot of changes (and much more to come). We will share more of our development with the community in the future but first need to have the time for it, as obviously it will need to work with stock T3D ;)

JeffR wrote:Only complaint I could really level at it is the aliasing issues on the phone lines and stuff.

Yeah that's my issue as well. We are running DM with SMAA and it works great; though not enough edges are handled right now. The power lines are too thin to be recognised and skipped for AA; this is partly an error by the artist (me) really. I had to make the cables much thicker and not getting to close to realism with that, but design it in a way it renders with a better quality. It's on the list to get a makeover real soon. It does look OK in 4k though :mrgreen:
Nils

by Nils » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:29 am
Speaking about SMAA, to get an idea how the options GUI's look like...

[ + ] click to see the full res

[ + ] click to see the full res

---

And of course would like to thank the whole the team,
Timmy ( @
Timmy
) and Marc ( @
Mud-H
)
for all the hard work done !
:D :D :D
Duion

by Duion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:17 pm
That's a lot of settings, but where do you handle the postFX?
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee

by JeffR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 pm
Nice, those menus look very clean.

Did you re-write the settings backend, or are you piggybacking off stock and just using a different UI?

As for the phone lines, dunno if this'll be helpful, but it may be useful at some point:

http://humus.name/index.php?page=3D&ID=89
Nils

by Nils » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:55 am
Duion wrote:That's a lot of settings, but where do you handle the postFX?

Effects can be turned on or off. It will not have a PostFx options panel because DM is a game, not an engine.

JeffR wrote:Did you re-write the settings backend, or are you piggybacking off stock and just using a different UI?

The GUI script has been rewritten and it's using both stock T3D globals and new ones.

JeffR wrote:As for the phone lines, dunno if this'll be helpful, but it may be useful at some point

Awesome! Thanks for the link, that's really interesting and going to test it for sure!
Nils

by Nils » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:20 am
Last edited by Nils on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
RichardM

by RichardM » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:14 pm
Looking really smooth. Great job guys.
15 posts Page 1 of 2