OK, in case any of you were NOT sick of hearing about our Star Trek project (which we've been chatting about here and at the old GG site going on 6 or 7 years now), we have some exciting news!
We are getting ready to release the latest version, just in time for the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, and we have really tried to take things to the next level this time.
EDITED TO ADD: Beta download now available!
(UPDATED FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2016 @ 15:00 EST - All new TOS-inspired menus!)
Download Link: http://gambitrealm.com/INSTALLER/downlo ... e45_vr.php
Also updated screen caps below
This build is based on our custom port of Torque 3D 3.7 - the binary is now 64-bit and includes AFX, Advanced Character Kit, and Awesomium Integration Kit (among other additions). Yes, we got Awesomium working in 64-bit
Some of the exciting new features now in the game:
- COMPLETE WORKING TURBOLIFT SYSTEM WITH MOVING LIFTS!
- 15 training missions (Gold/Red/Blue shirts each get 5 skill tiers)
- 5 interactive episodes (watch clips and then take control of the action)
- All Decks exploration mission (entire ship accessible)
- Turbolift Shafts exploration mission (go from top to bottom of ship within the shafts)
- Deck 6 movie theater mission (watch movie trailers in the theater)
- Full Oculus Rift support (DK1 tested - don't own a DK2 so can't vouch for that)
- Full game controller support (I even got my PS3 controller to work on my PC, thinks it's an Xbox controller)
- Each mission completed unlocks a new character to play
- Unlocked characters can access specific things in the All Decks mission
- Each skill tier of missions completed unlocks an interactive episode
- We can now fly the actual Enterprise just like we fly a shuttle
- We can beam to and from planets and space stations
- Ship can warp to other locations, and you see the planets approaching
Single player only for now, but we also have a whole multiplayer angle in mind should we ever get the energy to go there... We'll see.
This will be a completely free download, meant as a tribute giveaway to Star Trek fans of all ages. We will also be including the Torque tools and some editable scripts, to allow anyone to mod this anyway they like... It's our gift to the Trek community in celebration of the 50th anniversary.
CBS/Paramount never made a game anything like this, so we did it
Anyhow, here are some pics to tide you over until release day... These are the mission preview images, taken from in-game screenshots.
We are aiming for a March/April release - stay tuned!
Live Long and Prosper
(That's me in the Captain's Chair)
COMMAND OFFICER MISSIONS:
Bridge Command Officer
OPERATIONS OFFICER MISSIONS:
Warp Engine Repair
Bridge Operations Officer
SCIENCE OFFICER MISSIONS:
Bridge Science Officer
Explore All Decks