Star Trek 50th Anniversary Tribute Game

51 posts Page 4 of 6
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:30 pm
I would love to try a multiplayer test sometime, anyone download the latest yet and want to give it a shot?

Tested great on my LAN with three machines, but have no idea how it will handle over the Net, would be neat to try.

Cheers
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:15 pm
New build posted this morning...

Fixes a bunch of stuff:

- Major performance improvement in the All Decks Exploration mission (the zones and portals were not working properly, now they work much better and speed things up).

- Blue shirt science missions should now work (was an issue in Medical).

- Decks 3, 4 and 5 have been filled out with furniture.

- Deck 7 transporter room consoles now work.

- Deck 8 recreation area updated with playable arcade games (using our Oculus EXE only, because they use Awesomium).

- Deck 8 emergency transporter consoles now work, you can beam a ton of guys in and out now :)

- Fullscreen checkbox in Options screen is now available (needs to be chosen each time you load, but it works, and may help performance on some video cards).

- "Quick connect" button on Join screen should now work (although for Internet games they still don't want to connect through my master server, maybe using Hamachi or something would work though).

- LAN play co-op campaign has been extensively tested and should mostly work without issue.

... There are probably more more fixes I can't remember... Been busy...

Anyhow, it's up at the usual download link - get it and enjoy!

And please leave feedback here, or through the email listed in the READ-ME-FIRST file included in the download.

Cheers!
P

PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 am
Here's a screen grab of the emergency transporters in action, very cool :)

PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:52 pm

- Improves the loading of Deck 7 (door arches and other parts should load in faster now, when you arrive on that deck).

- Fixes up the Arcade level, if you load the Oculus .exe you can play Flash arcade games in the Deck 8 recreation area (no Rift required).

- Deck 22 now has working emergency transporters, as well as Franz Joseph's bowling alley from his original plans (use the Oculus .exe to play).

- Updated images for main menu and loading screen.

Here is a shot of the Flash bowling alley game, still needs the room filled out a bit but you can see the Flash working :)

PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Fixes a few outstanding issues:

- Mission variables are now properly reset when you do two missions consecutively (so you don't get improper prompts and instructions)

- Cleaned up the menus a bit, updating images and buttons, etc

- Improved the loading status screen (it now rotates through several images while loading, making load time seem shorter)

- Fixed up deck 20 recreation area mission (the ball in the gym can now be kicked and punched to make it bounce around)

- Various bugs fixed in some of the interactive episodes (they should flow properly now and you should be able to complete them following the instructions)

- On missions where you beam to a planet, the rotating planet is now visible outside the ship through the bridge dome

Have gotten a lot of downloads, but very little feedback...

Is anyone out there playing this? If not, you should, it's pretty fun!

Cheers
P

Here is the Enterprise in orbit around Tellar Prime:

Duion

by Duion » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 pm
Did you advertise it elsewhere? If not you probably should.
rlranft

by rlranft » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:04 pm
PaulWeston wrote:As for the options stuff - I really never cared about that, in fact I'm going to just remove the controls menu from the options screen. People always seem to want to fuss around in there, mess things up, then complain it doesn't work lol. So, I'm going to just remove it. I will leave the Default Bind file editable for people who really need to remap their controls. I'd rather they just played the game and not worry about messing around with options

Don't know that this is a great idea. I'd like to point out that big-name studios have messed with no-option and reduced-option games (Bethsoft anyone?) and even something as simple as not allowing the user to map the number pad keys for controls has caused major backlash. Just thought I'd mention it, because games have had control mapping and game settings for a really long time now. Returning to 1989 seems like it might silence much of your thunder.
PaulWeston wrote:Maybe it's something to do with AFX - I know it does some constant raycasting for the mouse-clickable stuff, maybe that is hitting the performance. Not sure what I would do if that's the case, we really like AFX and use it for several things - the mouse clicking, various particle effects, the transporter beam, etc.

Gotta be something else - raytracing is expensive, but a single ray cast per frame is not even noticeable unless it's literally kilometers long, the scene is mega-dense, and you're doing heavy filtering along the way.
PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 am
Having some fun in the turbolift shafts...

Got a TSAttachable working as a moving lift, but it's just an experiment right now - not scalable to go all over the ship or anything, but really fun for a test!

This will be included in the final release of the game as a side exploration mission.

Enjoy!

PaulWeston
by PaulWeston » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:40 am
And here's a video of flying into space dock by sitting at the helm controls.

In free play, you can go to 4 different planets and beam down to each one and explore.

Duion

by Duion » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 pm
"You can go to 4 different planets"
Yes, may be, but how? I have no idea how to do things in the game.
51 posts Page 4 of 6