OpenSimEarth rumblings...

14 posts Page 2 of 2
Chelaru
by Chelaru » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:34 am
#chriscalef any chance that we will get a nice video demonstration like the one from HL?

Is this going to be a part of t3d main line?
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:01 pm
Demonstration videos... sure, someday... Got a lot of nuts and bolts work to do before that becomes relevant though. :-)

Re: T3D main line, yes and no. The project itself, no, because it is going to involve a lot of logic and dependencies that go far beyond Torque's general purpose game engine mission. However, my intent as I go is to make as many subcomponents as possible be PRed back to the main line, ie things like my animation tools, etc.

In addition, I'm trying to separate out useful lines of work that are still too specific to include in the main engine into their own repos to be shared separately on github (for instance, any physics work I do that doesn't make it into the engine) so that people could make use of it without fully adopting OpenSimEarth.

But anyway, still fixing the terrain pager at the moment, and many other little things to do after that...
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:53 am
So, I got to a relatively stable spot with my recent binge on the network layer, and jumped off in a different direction. One item on my long list of goals for the project involves sharing models between flightgear and T3D, and since flightgear is exclusively based on a model format called .ac, (AC3D) the tools options are somewhat limited. However, Blender works for .ac files (possibly with a plugin?), and I saved them out as collada from Blender and imported those into Torque.

Aside from some slight issues with the textures :-P, the shapes appear to be working, so far. Expect future updates.

Don't get too excited though, you can't fly them... yet.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:17 am
Ah there we go, starting to look a little better. The DAE importer, at least for my files coming in from blender, appears to have a hard time making materials for textures, as opposed to solid color materials which seem to work fine. Had to make the material entry myself, but after that the UV coords seemed to be hooked up and working fine.

14 posts Page 2 of 2