TorqueLab - Revamped Torque3D editor (under development)

92 posts Page 10 of 10
Mud-H
by Mud-H » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 am
JeffR wrote:If you're going to be stepping back and approaching the work with a Lite version based on the current editor, it may be a good time to present something I'd been working on as you may have a use for it there.

Basically, rather than needing separate, full, custom gui controls for each editor, we'd approach it from the single world editor that then enables a tool class that intercepts the inputs to operate.

https://github.com/Areloch/Torque3D/tree/BrushEditorToolTesting

I did some experiments with your BrushEditorTool and I'm not sure how it's meant to be used... If I understand it right, it's not meant to do anything as is it now, right? It's just the base for a better editor system but the existing tools need to be adapted, right?
So this would allow to call existing tools function from within a single WorldEditorGui instead of having to switch the EditorGui just so it can receive the brush call. It sound like a good idea but I would need more informations about how they should be use before I can do anything with it. Anyway, I don't want to put pressure on you about that, I just want to clarify how the BrushTool should be used.
I'm currently giving another development rush on TorqueLab and tought it might be used to unify the MeshRoadEditor and DecalRoadEditor. I will work on something by simply switch the EditorGui depending of what type of road is selected and later I might just switch to the BrushTool once I figured how it work.
Johxz
by Johxz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:49 am
@
Mud-H
this is still in development?
92 posts Page 10 of 10