Closing in on 3.8

49 posts Page 4 of 5
RichardM
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:23 pm
 
by RichardM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 am
@
User avatar
Azaezel
wrote:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time "Soon"


Soon as in "way before 2005"? :D
Chelaru
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am
by Chelaru » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:20 am
RichardM wrote:@Azaezel wrote:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time "Soon"


Soon as in "way before 2005"? :D



Oh. So dx11 support in T3d will come when we will have ray trace units in Intel GPU's . :))

Image
JeffR
Steering Committee
Steering Committee
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 pm
 
by JeffR » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:01 pm
Image

We've got it on the dockett for 3.9, probably pretty early in it's development arc.
Dwarf King
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 pm
by Dwarf King » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 pm
JeffR wrote:Image

We've got it on the dockett for 3.9, probably pretty early in it's development arc.


It will make Torque 3D MIT work way better on Win 10 machines ;)
rlranft
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:11 pm
 
by rlranft » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:42 am
Hey, we've already got Valve beat - It's Torque 3D 3.8 - they still haven't got Half Life 3...
Chelaru
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am
by Chelaru » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 am
So no DX11 in v3.9 ?

When will the particle refactoring will introduced?

When will the PBR branch will be merged with the main line ?
Azaezel
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:50 pm
 
by Azaezel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:26 pm
Chelaru wrote:So no DX11 in v3.9 ?

JeffR wrote:We've got it on the dockett for 3.9, probably pretty early in it's development arc.

Least that's how I read it.

Chelaru wrote:When will the particle refactoring will introduced?
When will the PBR branch will be merged with the main line ?

@
User avatar
LukasPJ
will have to speak for himself on the particle refactor.

For PBR, and speaking strictly for myself, I'm hoping to have all the kinks worked out well enough to make 4.0. (Wouldn't be apropriate for a point-release, since for all that it adds quite a bit, it does take a couple things away and alters folks workflows. May or may not be able to pull out some more extracts to slip in earlier, like that https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/855 that the levelinfo/envVolumes bit augments for fallbacks.)
Chelaru
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am
by Chelaru » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:45 pm
Azaezel wrote:
Chelaru wrote:So no DX11 in v3.9 ?

JeffR wrote:We've got it on the dockett for 3.9, probably pretty early in it's development arc.

Least that's how I read it.

Chelaru wrote:When will the particle refactoring will introduced?
When will the PBR branch will be merged with the main line ?

@
User avatar
LukasPJ
will have to speak for himself on the particle refactor.

For PBR, and speaking strictly for myself, I'm hoping to have all the kinks worked out well enough to make 4.0. (Wouldn't be apropriate for a point-release, since for all that it adds quite a bit, it does take a couple things away and alters folks workflows. May or may not be able to pull out some more extracts to slip in earlier, like that https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/855 that the levelinfo/envVolumes bit augments for fallbacks.)


Let's hope that @
User avatar
LukasPJ
will speak :D .

You are doing a lot of work and it looks good.

A question for you @
User avatar
Azaezel
: Does T3d need's a ground up rework ?
Azaezel
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:50 pm
 
by Azaezel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 pm
[quote="Chelaru"
A question for you @
User avatar
Azaezel
: Does T3d need's a ground up rework ?[/quote]

Polish, yes. Total rewrite would be a disservice to current users. Not to mention that's that much more playing catchup with other engines.
Chelaru
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am
by Chelaru » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 pm
Azaezel wrote:A question for you @
User avatar
Azaezel
: Does T3d need's a ground up rework ?

Polish, yes. Total rewrite would be a disservice to current users. Not to mention that's that much more playing catchup with other engines.





And how much polish is required ?
What functionalities you think need to be polished ?
49 posts Page 4 of 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest