Turret DAE missing some parts

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:42 am
Debate? I tried everything to get something usable, especially in Blender, to no avail. The closest I came was, a rig that was compatible with the 3rd person animation of the soldier and Gideon but that was some convoluted Milkshape to 3dmax to Blender path. Anything exported out of 3dmax behaves just like the .DAE that are available with T3D anyway.

I've since moved away from Windows and am lothe even to run it in VM.
Duion

by Duion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:54 am
Maybe another format will work, for example import DAE into 3dsmax and export fbx from 3dsmax and then import fbx into blender or something like that.
Otherwise deleting the stock assets would be a fine solution as well ;)
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:53 am
I did try the FBX route. I tried exporting the animation separate too. I agree about the assets. I need to get better at animating in blender. It would be so great to have customizable arms that anyone could open in a free and open source pipeline.
RasterRon

by RasterRon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 pm
It would be so great to have customizable arms that anyone could open in a free and open source pipeline.

Agreed. It would be easy for new T3D users to get some reference on how the pipeline works and gets imported to the engine. I think Blender is the best option for source assets.
14 posts Page 2 of 2