Vehicle Export Blender Problem

subabrain

Hi,

thanks for your answer - okay - sorry i will face the problem:

If i import the dae File from the cheetah vehicle in blender and export it again as the same file - without doing anyhting it wont be shown in the "scripted" Tab in the world editor.

I would be really happy - for your help!

Thanks alot!

Greetz - Robert

Scripted objects need to be defined through script, they do not automatically show up, that is why they are called "scripted".

Do a search for the script files that define the object and you may see how it is set up.

For example if you rename the model or save it somewhere else, the script no longer picks it up and it no longer shows up in the editor.

Hi Duion,

Thanks a lot for your help!

But the problem i have is i just replace the original vehicle body.dae with the same one the only difference is, that i just open it in blender and export the same file to the same location?

Please help - Thank you!

Regards - Robert 8-)

Hi,

sorry that im penetrating you :roll:

but the problem is it points to a .dae file and the thing is for my custom vehicle it also works with the standard shape from the cheetah but not for the model i designed :/

Sorry but it would be great from you to help me -Thanks alot!

Greetz Robert

Hi,

sorry i write a little confusing stuff - i know :P

Okay now i try to explain it in normal speech :D

So now:

I import the .dae file from the cheetah into blender and then i export it again to the same .dae file - so i done nothing but just export!

And its not shown up in scripted anymore (before the export with blender its shown up there) - so now i modified nothing just import/export with blender.

Okay now you said there might be some problems because of the standard vehicles ... so now i tried with my own model and its not working - till i just change its body to the cheetah .dae Model. And now its shown in the scripted Tab as my custom car but with the cheetah model :/

Okay - maybe you understand.

Thanks alot!

Greetz Robert ;)

Okay - now the pictures on my server:P

http://blog.beran-solutions.de/share/cheetah/game_without_script.png

http://blog.beran-solutions.de/share/cheetah/game_with_script.png

http://blog.beran-solutions.de/share/cheetah/blender_save.png

http://blog.beran-solutions.de/share/cheetah/blender_export.png

http://blog.beran-solutions.de/share/cheetah/blender_cheetah.png

Thanks alot -

Greetz Robert

Well that was not helpful. Did you reimport your exportet version to see if it is different than your importet original one?

Are there console errors? Which is likely since something is not loaded right.

And probably as I already said, likely the file is corrupted, which happesn with the default assets, so better not try to import them, at least not anything that is rigged.

To recap,

1) You import Cheetah_Body.DAE in Blender3D v2.77

2) Then, you export to Cheetah_Body.DAE again. (Without modification)

3) Load the cheetah car in Torque3D.

And now not load the model? don't work the cheetah car?

Just to remember when you modify any dae, you need to delete the .dts file for that model, and torque3d will generated again.

Note: I tested this steps with blender v2.78a and Torque3D development branch (commit 00a4a21-Nov 2, 2016), and my cheetah car still work as expected. My new Cheetah_Body.DAE change from 1.42MB to 1.64MB.

Hi,

yes okay - once again ->

1. if i start torque 3d without any changes in world editor i see the "vehicle" tab in the options (as it is shown in the screenshots)

Now

2. i import the "Cheetah_Body.DAE" file from the standard torque 3d folder into blender

Next

3. i export it to the same file ("Cheetah_Body.DAE") and overwrite this file with the imported ("Cheetah_Body.DAE") file

So it is just overwritten with the same data

Now

4. i just start the world editor again and the vehicle tab is away -> and ive just overwrite the old "Cheetah_Body.DAE" file - BUT

It is not shown -> so now i cant get it in the world because it is not in the tab as "vehilcle" anymore!!

Okay - maybe you get me now :roll:

Greetz - Robert

PS: it is possible, that ive the wrong blender options or something? - thx

do not despair haha is nothing wrong... for you case the cheetad maybe you need this:

1) The model need a collision box (collision-1) see the shape editor, (Advanced properties -> collision) Here

2) you need to delete the dts cache to use the new dae.

So I recommend you create a collision box from shape editor, exit the level and reenter level, and see is everything is ok.

the documentation artist guide

EDIT: test this about collision, if won't work, I will try to do a tuto video.