GUI window tabbing and bringing to front

Duion

The GUI windows in Torque by default support functionality like moving around, resizing, open, close, minimize, tabs etc the only problem with that is, you can not really bring them into foreground with that, the visibility hierarchy stays in the order you opened them, so once a window is behind another window it is always behind it until you completely close and open it again.

What also does not work is when you minimize windows to tabs, the tabs overlap each other on the bottom line and do not form separate tabs like you have in your browser or operating system for example.

Anyone knows if there is a functionality in Torque that allows to fix that or if it would be possible to build such a feature relatively easy?

• 2 years later...

You get any responses to this? I'm trying to figure out how to bring windows to the foreground. I just want it to happen whenever you click the window without having to close and reopen it. I'm using T3D 3.10.1

EDIT: OK, so I just tried something. I put 2 window controls inside one GUI control and bring to front by clicking works by default. The other thing I was noticing that wasn't working was edge snap. It works now too so these things only seem to work when you have window controls inside the same GuiControl...hmm...

Sorry to hijack for a second, Dioun.

Hey @CodeJunkie. You still on Linux? If so, ever since 3.10.1 I have had to add in CMAKE:

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS -no-pie

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE -no-pie

If I don't do that, I can only execute from the terminal and the thing is, I forget where I even found that fix or even what it means!

Just wondering if you have no troubles, or maybe your on Windows.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack for a second, Dioun.

Hey @CodeJunkie. You still on Linux? If so, ever since 3.10.1 I have had to add in CMAKE:

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS -no-pie

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE -no-pie

If I don't do that, I can only execute from the terminal and the thing is, I forget where I even found that fix or even what it means!

Just wondering if you have no troubles, or maybe your on Windows.

Thanks

@Jason Campbell I'm still building for both, however I have my project setup to just build the engine in a DLL so I can load it from my own EXE built in Delphi. I never ran into that issue under Linux.

@Jason Campbell Something I found goofy under Linux when I got the dedicated server working was that when "quit()" is called in the server scripts it doesn't seem to call onExit from the C++ code like it is supposed to and does under Windows. I ended up having to this in the script code that handles my remote shutdown message:

function mmmoServerIntf::onServerStop()
{
   //--- We received a server stop control message from the 
   //--- controller server so go ahead and quit.
   if ($ServerIsLinux) {
      setNetPort(0);      
      onExit();
   }

quit();   
}

It's been a while since I did this and I'm pretty sure I investigated the C++ code, but it was easier at the time to just do this to fix the problem.