Tutorial: How to compile the new version of Torque3D v3.9

Johxz

Tutorial: How to compile the new version of Torque3D v3.9

- 1) How to compile the new version of Torque3D Game Engine v3.9

- 2) OpenGL and DirecX 11 - How to compile Torque3D Game Engine v3.9

- 3) Bullet Physics - How to compile Torque3D Game Engine v3.9

To compile you need:

- https://cmake.org/ (Min version 2.8.12 / Max version 3.6.2)

- https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs - Visual Studio 2015

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812 - DirectX Software Development Kit - DXSDK_Jun10.exe (572 MB)

To play you need:

- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 - DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) - directx_Jun2010_redist.exe (95.6 MB) *

* You don't need this if you are using OpenGL or DirectX 11

Official repo: https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D

Two main branches:

- master with stable releases.

- development with last update of features. Very stable some bugs.

Don't want to compile... want just start playing around???

You can download the latest binary from here:

- http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=665 (Compiled by me, latest dev version)

- https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/releases

Tested with the last commits on Jul 9, 2016 - 03a3d7

Edited by Johxz

Bonus points for not adding an ugly soundtrack

Nice to see a visualisation of the cmake process, would have been useful for me last year when i first got introduced to cmake.

I have couple of points i think could be raised/reviewed.

-- CMAke will create the folders as appropriate for its own build files if the actual folder doesnt exist, so creating the cmake folder is not needed.

-- Small amount of confusion may be cause over the needless copying of the template folder a) to a new template b) to the my projects folder; As long as the torque app name is the same as the folder name you chose under my projects you dont need to copy any files manually at all, the build install project does this all for you

-- More small confusion may be caused by you using two different projects in the videos, full and newfull

*side note I'd recommend making a new CMake build folder rather than using buildfiles and then delete the entire buildfiles folder unless you need it for some reason.

my generic complaint many of these video types is that 'shortcutting' cause confusion, eg not actually building the project (you can always edit out the time it trakes to compile and copy files), usually not an issue if the video is voiced as sometimes its explained that shortcuts are taken.

please take comments as helpful tips rather than nitpicking :)

-- More small confusion may be caused by you using two different projects in the videos, full and newfull

Ah come on! I did in less of 10min that video, I can't wait to finish compile! :lol: I was trying to help someone quickly :roll:

But I don't think that anyone need to compile Torque3D.... I mean what for? we have binaries right now, stables and from dev updated :D unless someone need to change something in the code...

please take comments as helpful tips rather than nitpicking

Don't worry... BTW thank for the comment ;)

Edited by Johxz

my generic complaint many of these video types is that 'shortcutting' cause confusion, eg not actually building the project (you can always edit out the time it trakes to compile and copy files), usually not an issue if the video is voiced as sometimes its explained that shortcuts are taken.

hmmmm here reading again what told @Bloodknight keep me thinking... there is a correct way to compile the new Torque3D v3.9??

Doesn't work for me. Probably going to have to wait for Torque3D 4.0 for the new project manager.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:11 (project):

No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Edit:

CMake version 3.6.0

Visual Studio Community 2015

CMakeError.log:

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 14.0.24723.2
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 7/20/2016 9:51:37 AM.
The target "BeforeGenerateProjectPriFile" listed in a BeforeTargets attribute at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\NuGet\Microsoft.NuGet.targets (186,61)" does not exist in the project, and will be ignored.
Project "D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
 Creating directory "Debug\".
 Creating directory "Debug\CompilerIdC.tlog\".
InitializeBuildStatus:
 Creating "Debug\CompilerIdC.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
 CL.exe /c /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Zc:inline /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc140.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue CMakeCCompilerId.c
TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
(ClCompile target) -> 
 TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
   1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.36

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler:  
Build flags: 
Id flags: 

The output was:
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 14.0.24723.2
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 7/20/2016 9:51:37 AM.
The target "BeforeGenerateProjectPriFile" listed in a BeforeTargets attribute at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\NuGet\Microsoft.NuGet.targets (186,61)" does not exist in the project, and will be ignored.
Project "D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" on node 1 (default targets).
PrepareForBuild:
 Creating directory "Debug\".
 Creating directory "Debug\CompilerIdCXX.tlog\".
InitializeBuildStatus:
 Creating "Debug\CompilerIdCXX.tlog\unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
 CL.exe /c /nologo /W0 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D _MBCS /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Zc:inline /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc140.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:queue CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp
TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
(ClCompile target) -> 
 TRACKER : error TRK0005: Failed to locate: "CL.exe". The system cannot find the file specified. [D:\Development\Torque3D-3.9\My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake\CMakeFiles\3.6.0\CompilerIdCXX\CompilerIdCXX.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
   1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.35

The steps are very easy to compile torque3D.... I think this has nothing to do with CMake but with your visual studio, if I not wrong that mean that your visual studio can't find CL.exe, maybe something is wrong with your installation.

BTW is a new visual studio installation? Can you use CMake 3.5.2 just to be sure....

You don't need to compile Torque3D to use it you know....You need to modify the C++ code? if the answer is "no", then I recommend to use de binary....

You can download the latest binary from here:

- http://forums.torque3d.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=665 (Compiled by me, latest dev version)

- https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/releases

I got it working. It was my Visual Studio install.

I saw an update in Visual Studio, clicked on it, and it downloaded an .exe through my web browser. I opened it and it reinstalled Visual Studio 2015. I checked off everything just to be safe.

Took over three hours. Which it turns out is actually very fast because I forgot to unselect the Android development stuff, which from what I read on the internet is reputed to make the install take about 7-9+ hours. I'm running a 240GB Crucial M500, which probably saved me from it taking all afternoon and evening to install. (versus if I were still running my system off of my 5-year-old WD Caviar Black)

Then I did the CMake stuff again not expecting it to work, and it surprisingly did.

• 3 months later...

So, maybe its a silly question ... but does this imply we cannot build it using VS 2010 anymore?

I got a few errors relating to openal includes and added these to the Full DLL C++ Includes;

../../../../../Engine/lib/openal-soft/include

../../../../../Engine/lib/openal-soft/include/AL

and now it compiles but fails on the linkage...

1>ClCompile:

1> All outputs are up-to-date.

1>../../Link/VC2010.Debug.Win32/Full DLL/fileDialog.obj : warning LNK4042: object specified more than once; extras ignored

1> Creating library ../../../game/Full_DEBUG DLL.lib and object ../../../game/Full_DEBUG DLL.exp

1>entity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Component::setOwner(class Entity *)" (?setOwner@Component@@QAEXPAVEntity@@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Entity::addComponent(class Component *)" (?addComponent@Entity@@QAE_NPAVComponent@@@Z)

1>../../../game/Full_DEBUG DLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

1>

1>Build FAILED.

Yes only Visual Studio 2013/15 are supported now. Just head over and grad the free community edition here and latest cmake(3.7) here. Talking of CMake, i have nearly finished fixing up the old project manager to handle the cmake build system so should make it easier for everyone as you don't have to deal directly with cmake.

• 6 months later...

Hey Zyzz1995

I never use Physx, so not sure If you need other steps. (Maybe someone using Physx can enlightenment us :D )

First Install Physx.

In CMake:

1) Select Generator: [Your VS Version] Ex: Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64

2) From the main body check: TORQUE_PHYSICS_PHYSX3

In Visual Studio

3) Open your project/Solution in VS, and then change in the top bar, at side of Debug/Release, change to x64

4) Compile as usual.

Thank you for you guys, I don't really think i need PhysX now, bullet works just fine for me. And I am totally new here and know very little about the Torque3D, I think it a great engine and the development is just very active, so i want to use it for my game, i just haven't find out where to get started for now, compiling maybe a good start, then what i don;t know. So i am here to seek some help, you guys are very nice, thanks again.

I would use the default setup with default physics if you are new, since it works and is fine for the most things you may want to do.

Bullet offers better physics, but still has issues here and there, so only use it, if your game is about physics.

And if you are not doing engine changes, you do not even need to compile it, you can use the precompiled version, only if you release your product you may look into making your own builds.

• 4 months later...

Just to note for Torque3D 3.10+:

cMake 3.62 ot 3.71 (previously pre-3.62) and VS 2017 Community (the free one) and don't call your project name/folder test cos that's the only word cMake doesn't like, and the cMake console is really small to scroll through all the spam to find the line where it tells you not to call it "test". :roll:

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone!

I'm new here. I want to ask some help in the compiling issue.

I have:

1) PC is Intel® Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.0 GHz 2.30 GHz.

2) NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M.

My enviroment:

1. Windows 7 SP1.

2. Visual Studio 2017 (15.5.5 version).

3. Cmake 3.10.2 (lastest stable version).

In short, what did I do:

1. Cloned a development branch. Unfortunately I didn't find the version number.
  2. Followed this instruction. It didn't help me. CMake didn't configured.
  3. Then I tried this
    with the copy-past "Full" folder trick.
  4. Run CMake.
  5. Made a configuration and generation succesfully(but with lot of "not found" and "failed").
  6. Compiled in VS 2017 succesfully. But it didn't run because of exceptions.
  7. Realized that I didn't install DirectX Software Development Kit - DXSDK_Jun10.exe.
  8. Installed it.
  9. Deleted folder with a project.
  10. Made copy-past "Full" folder trick again.
  11. Run CMake.
  12. Made a configuration and generation succesfully(with a much less "not found" and "failed" at this time!).

Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.16299.0 to target Windows 6.1.7601.
    The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.12.25835.0
    The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 19.12.25835.0
    Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.12.25827/bin/Hostx86/x64/cl.exe
    Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.12.25827/bin/Hostx86/x64/cl.exe -- works
    Detecting C compiler ABI info
    Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
    Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.12.25827/bin/Hostx86/x64/cl.exe
    Check for working CXX compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.12.25827/bin/Hostx86/x64/cl.exe -- works
    Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
    Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
    Detecting CXX compile features
    Detecting CXX compile features - done
    Looking for sys/types.h
    Looking for sys/types.h - found
    Looking for stdint.h
    Looking for stdint.h - found
    Looking for stddef.h
    Looking for stddef.h - found
    Check size of long
    Check size of long - done
    Check size of long long
    Check size of long long - done
    Performing Test HAVE_STD_C11
    Performing Test HAVE_STD_C11 - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_STD_C99
    Performing Test HAVE_STD_C99 - Failed
    Checking _FILE_OFFSET_BITS for large files
    Checking _FILE_OFFSET_BITS for large files - not needed
    Performing Test HAVE_RESTRICT
    Performing Test HAVE_RESTRICT - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_INLINE
    Performing Test HAVE_INLINE - Success
    Performing Test HAVE_STRUCT_TIMESPEC
    Performing Test HAVE_STRUCT_TIMESPEC - Success
    Performing Test HAVE_LIBATOMIC
    Performing Test HAVE_LIBATOMIC - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_C99_VLA
    Performing Test HAVE_C99_VLA - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_C99_BOOL
    Performing Test HAVE_C99_BOOL - Success
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_STATIC_ASSERT
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_STATIC_ASSERT - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_ALIGNAS
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_ALIGNAS - Failed
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_ATOMIC
    Performing Test HAVE_C11_ATOMIC - Failed
    Using DirectX SDK directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/
    Performing Test HAVE_GCC_FORMAT
    Performing Test HAVE_GCC_FORMAT - Failed
    Looking for stdbool.h
    Looking for stdbool.h - found
    Looking for stdalign.h
    Looking for stdalign.h - not found
    Looking for malloc.h
    Looking for malloc.h - found
    Looking for dirent.h
    Looking for dirent.h - not found
    Looking for strings.h
    Looking for strings.h - not found
    Looking for cpuid.h
    Looking for cpuid.h - not found
    Looking for intrin.h
    Looking for intrin.h - found
    Looking for sys/sysconf.h
    Looking for sys/sysconf.h - not found
    Looking for fenv.h
    Looking for fenv.h - found
    Looking for float.h
    Looking for float.h - found
    Looking for ieeefp.h
    Looking for ieeefp.h - not found
    Looking for guiddef.h
    Looking for guiddef.h - found
    Looking for pow in m
    Looking for pow in m - not found
    Looking for dlopen in dl
    Looking for dlopen in dl - not found
    Looking for dlfcn.h
    Looking for dlfcn.h - not found
    Performing Test HAVE_CPUID_INTRINSIC
    Performing Test HAVE_CPUID_INTRINSIC - Success
    Looking for aligned_alloc
    Looking for aligned_alloc - not found
    Looking for posix_memalign
    Looking for posix_memalign - not found
    Looking for _aligned_malloc
    Looking for _aligned_malloc - found
    Looking for lrintf
    Looking for lrintf - found
    Looking for modff
    Looking for modff - found
    Looking for alloca
    Looking for alloca - found
    Looking for _controlfp
    Looking for _controlfp - found
    Looking for __control87_2
    Looking for __control87_2 - not found
    Looking for stat
    Looking for stat - found
    Looking for strtof
    Looking for strtof - found
    Looking for strcasecmp
    Looking for strcasecmp - not found
    Looking for _stricmp
    Looking for _stricmp - found
    Looking for strncasecmp
    Looking for strncasecmp - not found
    Looking for _strnicmp
    Looking for _strnicmp - found
    Looking for strnlen
    Looking for strnlen - found
    Looking for snprintf
    Looking for snprintf - found
    Looking for isfinite
    Looking for isfinite - found
    Looking for isnan
    Looking for isnan - found
    Looking for windows.h
    Looking for windows.h - found
    Looking for xmmintrin.h
    Looking for xmmintrin.h - found
    Looking for emmintrin.h
    Looking for emmintrin.h - found
    Looking for pmmintrin.h
    Looking for pmmintrin.h - found
    Looking for smmintrin.h
    Looking for smmintrin.h - found
    Looking for arm_neon.h
    Looking for arm_neon.h - not found
    Could NOT find ALSA (missing: ALSA_LIBRARY ALSA_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find OSS (missing: OSS_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find AudioIO (missing: AUDIOIO_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find SoundIO (missing: SOUNDIO_LIBRARY SOUNDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find QSA (missing: QSA_LIBRARY QSA_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Looking for include files windows.h, mmsystem.h
    Looking for include files windows.h, mmsystem.h - found
    Looking for waveOutOpen in winmm
    Looking for waveOutOpen in winmm - found
    Found DSound: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)/lib/x86/dsound.lib  
    Looking for mmdeviceapi.h
    Looking for mmdeviceapi.h - found
    Could NOT find PortAudio (missing: PORTAUDIO_LIBRARY PORTAUDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find PulseAudio (missing: PULSEAUDIO_LIBRARY PULSEAUDIO_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Could NOT find JACK (missing: JACK_LIBRARY JACK_INCLUDE_DIR) 
    Looking for include files SLES/OpenSLES.h, SLES/OpenSLES_Android.h
    Looking for include files SLES/OpenSLES.h, SLES/OpenSLES_Android.h - not found

Building OpenAL with support for the following backends:
        WinMM, DirectSound, MMDevApi, WaveFile, Null

Building with support for CPU extensions:
       Default, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1

Looking for include file inttypes.h
    Looking for include file inttypes.h - found
    Looking for include file stdint.h
    Looking for include file stdint.h - found
    Looking for include file sys/types.h
    Looking for include file sys/types.h - found
    Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE) 
    0.4.1 :: 4 :: 1 :: 4 :: 2.0
    Performing Test HAVE_WIN32_CC
    Performing Test HAVE_WIN32_CC - Success
    Performing Test HAVE_XINPUT_H
    Performing Test HAVE_XINPUT_H - Success
    Looking for d3d9.h
    Looking for d3d9.h - found
    Looking for d3d11_1.h
    Looking for d3d11_1.h - found
    Looking for ddraw.h
    Looking for ddraw.h - found
    Looking for dsound.h
    Looking for dsound.h - found
    Looking for dinput.h
    Looking for dinput.h - found
    Looking for xaudio2.h
    Looking for xaudio2.h - not found
    Looking for dxgi.h
    Looking for dxgi.h - found

SDL2 was configured with the following options:

Platform: Windows-6.1.7601
    64-bit:   TRUE
    Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.12.25827/bin/Hostx86/x64/cl.exe

Subsystems:
     Atomic:	ON
     Audio:	ON
     Video:	ON
     Render:	ON
     Events:	ON
     Joystick:	ON
     Haptic:	ON
     Power:	ON
     Threads:	ON
     Timers:	ON
     File:	ON
     Loadso:	ON
     CPUinfo:	ON
     Filesystem:	ON
     Dlopen:	ON

Options:
     3DNOW                  (Wanted: ON): OFF
     ALSA                   (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     ALSA_SHARED            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     ALTIVEC                (Wanted: ON): OFF
     ARTS                   (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     ARTS_SHARED            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     ASSEMBLY               (Wanted: ON): OFF
     ASSERTIONS             (Wanted: auto): auto
     CLOCK_GETTIME          (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     DIRECTFB_SHARED        (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     DIRECTX                (Wanted: ON): ON
     DISKAUDIO              (Wanted: ON): ON
     DUMMYAUDIO             (Wanted: ON): ON
     ESD                    (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     ESD_SHARED             (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     FUSIONSOUND            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     FUSIONSOUND_SHARED     (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     GCC_ATOMICS            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     INPUT_TSLIB            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     LIBC                   (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     MIR_SHARED             (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     MMX                    (Wanted: ON): OFF
     NAS                    (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     NAS_SHARED             (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     OSS                    (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     PTHREADS               (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     PTHREADS_SEM           (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     PULSEAUDIO             (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     PULSEAUDIO_SHARED      (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     RENDER_D3D             (Wanted: ON): ON
     RPATH                  (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     SDL_DLOPEN             (Wanted: ON): OFF
     SDL_STATIC_PIC         (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     SNDIO                  (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     SSE                    (Wanted: ON): ON
     SSE2                   (Wanted: ON): ON
     SSEMATH                (Wanted: ON): OFF
     VIDEO_COCOA            (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_DIRECTFB         (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_DUMMY            (Wanted: ON): ON
     VIDEO_MIR              (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_OPENGL           (Wanted: ON): ON
     VIDEO_OPENGLES         (Wanted: ON): ON
     VIDEO_RPI              (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_VIVANTE          (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_WAYLAND          (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_WAYLAND_QT_TOUCH (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11              (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XCURSOR      (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XINERAMA     (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XINPUT       (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XRANDR       (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XSCRNSAVER   (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XSHAPE       (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     VIDEO_X11_XVM          (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     WAYLAND_SHARED         (Wanted: OFF): OFF
     X11_SHARED             (Wanted: OFF): OFF

CFLAGS:        /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /GR /EHsc -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /MP /O2 /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Oy /GT /Zi /W4 /nologo /GF /EHsc /GS- /Gy- /Qpar- /fp:precise /fp:except- /GR /Zc:wchar_t-
    EXTRA_CFLAGS:  
    EXTRA_LDFLAGS: 
    EXTRA_LIBS:    user32;gdi32;winmm;imm32;ole32;oleaut32;version;uuid;dinput8

Build Shared Library: ON
    Build Static Library: OFF

writing E:/Torque3D/Torque3D/My Projects/newFull/source/torqueConfig.h
    Prepare Template(Full) install...
    Configuring done

2d3QdgG.png

13. Compiled in VS 2017.
  14. Run. Falid because of exceptions again.

Could you tell me what did I do wrong?

Thank you for help!

[*] Cloned a development branch. Unfortunately I didn't find the version number.

We don't really assign point-release numbers to the dev fork, since while stuff gets tested, things can creep in we missed, so that's considered unstable till a full-bore review phase towards the end of each release-cycle. You'd want the master branch for a largely guaranteed build.

[*] Followed this instruction. It didn't help me. CMake didn't configured.

please elaborate at what point it failed to configure.

[*] Then I tried this

with the copy-past "Full" folder trick.

copy-past "Full" folder trick???

[*] Made a configuration and generation succesfully(but with lot of "not found" and "failed").

most of that will be SDL seeing what all files are relevant to your setup, as reflected in the log you posted. wouldn't necessarily worry about that.

[*] Compiled in VS 2017 succesfully. But it didn't run because of exceptions.

such as? Did you build the INSTALL project after compiling? that should clone the full directory into your working dir with modifications relevant to your project, like making a main.cs alongside your exe with a bit of tweaking to reflect your game name.

[*] Realized that I didn't install DirectX Software Development Kit - DXSDK_Jun10.exe.

[*] Installed it.

should be no longer needed in the current development fork, actually.

[*] Run. Falid because of exceptions again.

need a bit more info, like what exception? there may be a generated console.log file in the same directory as your built exe. if so, there's a fair possibility of an exception being logged in the text-editable file.

We don't really assign point-release numbers to the dev fork, since while stuff gets tested, things can creep in we missed, so that's considered unstable till a full-bore review phase towards the end of each release-cycle. You'd want the master branch for a largely guaranteed build.

Ok. Next time(tomorrow) I'll try it.

please elaborate at what point it failed to configure.

Now all changed. At that time(first time) I used cmake rc and didn't install DirectX. So there were many failures I can not repeat now.

copy-past "Full" folder trick???

I mean:

• coping folder named "Full" from the folder "Templates".
  • copying it to the folder "My Progects".
  • renaming it to "newFull".
  • creating "CMake" folder like this - "My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake".
  • Configuring and generating CMake into that folder.

most of that will be SDL seeing what all files are relevant to your setup, as reflected in the log you posted. wouldn't necessarily worry about that.

Ok. Thanks. Now I'm a bit less woried about it :)

such as? Did you build the INSTALL project after compiling? that should clone the full directory into your working dir with modifications relevant to your project, like making a main.cs alongside your exe with a bit of tweaking to reflect your game name.

It is not so clear for me now - I mean building the engine. I can be messy. Sorry about it.

I don't understand what you say here. Can you repeat it please in a bit another way?

If you were interested about steps I did - here what I did exactly after generating in CMake:

• Open "newFull.sln" in the "My Projects\newFull\buildFiles\CMake" folder.
  • Choosed a "Release" in the "Solution Configurator".
  • Made a right-click on the "INSTALL" in the "Solution Explorer".
  • Builded succesfully.
  • Pushed "Start debugging".
  • Got this:

D9oRhHl.png

and this in the output after stop:
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Torque3D\Torque3D\My Projects\newFull\game\newFull.exe'. Module was built without symbols.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Torque3D\Torque3D\My Projects\newFull\game\SDL2.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\D3DCompiler_43.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvinitx.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    Input Init:
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dinput8.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\hid.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\devobj.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\xinput1_3.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Done
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Torque3D\Torque3D\My Projects\newFull\game\OpenAL32.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\MMDevAPI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\propsys.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dsound.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\powrprof.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Punto Switcher\pshook64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\AudioSes.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The thread 0x2478 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    DebugDrawer Enabled!
    GFX Init:
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\igd10umd64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\d3dx10_40.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\d3dx10_40.dll'
    The thread 0x65c has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x1e60 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    The thread 0x26bc has exited with code 1 (0x1).
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\igd10umd64.dll'
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\glu32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ddraw.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dciman32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ig4icd64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    Could not create GL context: Операция успешно завершена.

Null device found
      Direct 3D (version 11.x) device found

'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\d3d9.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\d3d8thk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\igdumd64.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    --------- Loading DIRS ---------

--------- Parsing Arguments ---------
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'newFull.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\WSHTCPIP.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    UDP initialized on ipv4 IP:0.0.0.0:61167
    Attempting to create GFX device: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (D3D11) []
    Device created, setting adapter and enumerating modes
    Exception thrown at 0x000000014078001C in newFull.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

The program '[8400] newFull.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

• Error occurred when I tried to run "newFull.exe" also.

should be no longer needed in the current development fork, actually.

Strange, because, as I said, for first time I used CMake there were many errors and I'm pretty sure that I didn't see name DirectX with some "succesfull" mark as I saw later - after installing DirectX.

need a bit more info, like what exception? there may be a generated console.log file in the same directory as your built exe. if so, there's a fair possibility of an exception being logged in the text-editable file.

Here is info from the console.log file:

//-------------------------- 2/25/2018 -- 15:42:15 -----
Processor Init:
  Unknown x86 Compatible, ~2.29 Ghz
  HT detected
  MP detected [2 cores, 4 logical, 1 physical]

Math Init:
  Installing Standard C extensions
  Installing Assembly extensions

Initializing platform...
Input Init:

Done
DebugDrawer Enabled!
GFX Init:
Could not create GL context: Операция успешно завершена.

Null device found
  Direct 3D (version 11.x) device found

--------- Loading DIRS ---------

--------- Parsing Arguments ---------
UDP initialized on ipv4 IP:0.0.0.0:61167
Attempting to create GFX device: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (D3D11) []

Azaezel, thank you for your reply! I really appreciate your help. And I try to explain well what I did and provide all possible information that might be needed.

Does you system have switchable graphics @avovana ? It looks like it is trying to init the on board Intel HD gpu & is crashing there. See if you can force the discrete card (your nvidia) to be enabled and report back what happens. Are you running that with a debug or release build? If it's a release build, recompile it again but with the debug build while we sort this problem out.

Does you system have switchable graphics @avovana ?

I decided to change PC and the enviroment.

It is pretty strange but it works now!

I chose the "master" branch as was recommended.

I configured and generated with CMake v 3.8.2 for a Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64 that I have on this PC.

It was pretty interesting because there were much more items in Cmake comparing with configuring "development" branch.

I run VS2015, builded and run! And it works! :)

Thanks for help!

Does you system have switchable graphics @avovana ?

I decided to change PC and the enviroment.

It is pretty strange but it works now!

I chose the "master" branch as was recommended.

I configured and generated with CMake v 3.8.2 for a Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64 that I have on this PC.

It was pretty interesting because there were much more items in Cmake comparing with configuring "development" branch.

I run VS2015, builded and run! And it works! :)

Thanks for help!

Ok glad it is working. Whenever you get a chance, if you could test the master branch with the original PC (the one with the nvidia & intel card) and report back that would be appreciated.