Mapping with gtk radiant and the constructor is this possible?

thunder

T3D does not support the .DIFF format any more. So, in order to do this, you'd have to use the initial release of T3D MIT (go back in Git and check out the 2.0 tag I guess) and build that - then import your .DIFF objects and then use the DAE export option from the file menu.

So, possible? Yeah, I guess. Fun? Probably not.

T3D does not support the .DIFF format any more. So, in order to do this, you'd have to use the initial release of T3D MIT (go back in Git and check out the 2.0 tag I guess) and build that - then import your .DIFF objects and then use the DAE export option from the file menu.

too much hassle :)

better of learning the constructor

too much hassle :)

better of learning the constructor

I assume you meant "better off" - but Constructor was built with TGE and does not export DAE files, only DIF files (or .LWO files if you feel like using a different tool to convert Lightwave files to DAE). The files it exports can't be directly imported into T3D any longer because it no longer supports the .DIF file format. Learning Constructor is absolutely useless unless you intend to use the workflow that I just described. My point was (and still is) that using Constructor is "too much hassle" and you're better off (as Duion said) learning Blender (or some other modern modelling tool) because it exports DAE files - which is the only model format T3D now imports.

Unless GTK Radiant exports DAE files? That would be good....

Hell yeah - especially since it sounds like you're already familiar with Milkshape. Just do a test with something simple first - COLLADA is a standard, not a guarantee. Milkshape might be missing parts in the exporter (haven't heard anything yet, so it's probably fine).

Few weeks ago, I made a research about it and I think the new GTK Radiant 1.5 can export to .obj (It have some limitation like Patches won't export...). After, you'd need to convert those .obj to .DAE with any 3D tool and it shoudl load in T3D. (I haven't tried yet...) .

Some links that can help:

GTKRadiant page: http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/

GTKRadiant GitHub: https://github.com/TTimo/GtkRadiant

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?325871-okay-did-you-know-gtkradiant-to-unity

From that unity link:

HowTo:
- use gtkRadiant 1.5 (has brushexport 2 )
- select all the "brushwork" you want to export (i read "patches" dont work)
(in gtkRadiant, you can draw a box around everything you want to select and click "select inside")
- gtkRadiant -> "plugins, brushexport 2, export as obj, "collapse"
- .obj -> import to blender 
- automerge all the vertices, flip all normals
(all solid geometry, each face will be turned into a plane, and the planes seem to be inverted for me)
- export to .obj

I miss good old W:ET mapping which introduced me to game development :P

• 3 weeks later...
If you write your own loader, yes. It would be wiser to just integrate Assimp with T3D, actually. Then, you gain the benefit of using MD3 and MD2, along with a shitload of other formats. And you can help contribute to Torque's ecosystem.

yea... especially me who just LOVE code... I wouldnt have the faintest Idea how to do this :)

But ok.. I will google a bit :)