how can I start with AI on T3D?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
32 posts Page 3 of 4
Johxz
by Johxz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:13 am
@
buckmaster
sorry to ask again :roll: navPath object don't exist on 3.7rc, I already have an AI Player going to a waypoint to another using specific position, but how can I use navPath?

how can I use it? I trying using script but don't work for me.

I use this example

%path = new NavPath() {
mesh = "Nav";
from = "0 1 0";
to = "0 10 0";
};
// Path now goes from (0, 1, 0) to (0, 10, 0)

// Change the destination!
%path.to = "10 0 0";
// And replan
%path.plan();
buckmaster
Steering Committee
Steering Committee
by buckmaster » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:39 am
Oh dear. That should work. Sorry for not getting back to you about the editor. I think at some point I removed the nav-specific object classes from the editor, though it appears cover point is back. Though I should probably stick navpath back as well.

That script breaking is concerning. Any errors in the console at all?
Johxz
by Johxz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:55 pm
Sorry for not getting back to you about the editor.

Don't worry mate... Well sorry I was a little confused because some tutorials around walkabout always says add from gui. No error on the console. I will do more test with navPath, maybe it's me, not using it the way it should.

by the way, I already have a bot running around walls from a waypoint to other :lol: so thank you for all the help. (setPathDestination)

EDIT:

I'm doing all wrong? I do this...
==>new NavPath(myPath) { mesh = "MissionGroup\theNavMesh"; from = "94.79 156.83 512.75"; to = "119.9 115.4 512.9"; };

==>myPath.from
94.79 156.83 512.75

==>myPath.to
119.9 115.4 512.9

==>myPath.plan();

==>new AIPlayer(Bob) { datablock = "DefaultPlayerData"; position = LocalClientConnection.camera.getPosition(); };

Here nothing...
==>Bob.followNavPath("myPath");
==>5725.followNavPath("myPath");
==>Bob.followNavPath(myPath);
==>5725.followNavPath(myPath);

==>myPath.size();
==>myPath.getNode(0);
0 0 0
==>myPath.getNode(1);
0 0 0
==>myPath.getLength();
buckmaster
Steering Committee
Steering Committee
by buckmaster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:50 am
plan() returning 0 means it failed for some reason - could be anything. Damn, I thought there should be some console logs when that happened. I might see if I can add some helpful error messages for you to retrieve if a plan fails. You're using it right, though!
Duion

by Duion » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:53 pm
I just noticed that there exist no multiplayer AI tutorials and I also have never seen anyone having multiplayer bots working.
Johxz
by Johxz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:05 am
Duion wrote:I also have never seen anyone having multiplayer bots working.

FYI

Duion

by Duion » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am
Well technically that is not multiplayer.
damik
by damik » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 am
Duion wrote:I also have never seen anyone having multiplayer bots working.

Duion

by Duion » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm
@
damik

Your videos were created long after I made that statement.

And what I originally meant was, that I have never seen a multiplayer game with Torque that has bot players.
Some demo that someone slapped together in a few days does not count for me, since I know from experience that those few days can turn into weeks or months, if you want to have it working properly.
Of course those games may exist, but as I said I have not seen them, most games are either single player or something entirely different.
When I created my multiplayer bots I could not find anything about how to create multiplayer bots.

Just adding an aiPlayer that walks around and shoots anything is not a proper multiplayer bot, he needs to know how to navigate in the level and how to engage enemy players and how to not engage friendly players, how to find items/health etc, then he also needs to join the server, join the game, appear in the server browser as a player and in the scoreboard with his scores... and those are just the basics, that is what I would call a multiplayer bot.
Johxz
by Johxz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:55 am
Duion wrote:And what I originally meant was, that I have never seen a multiplayer game with Torque that has bot players.

How...? You never see a MP game with Torque and bots? I don't understand... you mean soldier FPS bot? or any kind of bots like spaceship bots, car bots, every game need is different.....

Duion wrote:Of course those games may exist, but as I said I have not seen them, most games are either single player or something entirely different.

What you mean "something entirely different"? different to your game?

I thinks you need seriously to take a look to my list duion, https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d

What games to comes to mind is "Legions: Overdrive", "Determinance", "Talon", "Metal Drift" or "AX:EL - Air XenoDawn", all this games develop with Torque3D with bots, but there are a lot of MP with "bots", I recall you about the old game "Tribes 2", almost all Torque 3D or TGA games have some form of multiplayer with bots.

Duion wrote:When I created my multiplayer bots I could not find anything about how to create multiplayer bots.

Multiplayer bots just specially for your game? :roll: because that don't exist, you need to build you own bots for you game.

AI Tutorial? yep we have some tutorials, resources and products.... again take a look to my list https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d#ai (yes I know is small)

Specially for you game maybe this can work for you "Tactical AI Kit" download the demo and take a look.

Duion wrote:Just adding an aiPlayer that walks around and shoots anything is not a proper multiplayer bot, he needs to know how to navigate in the level and how to engage enemy players and how to not engage friendly players, how to find items/health etc, then he also needs to join the server, join the game, appear in the server browser as a player and in the scoreboard with his scores... and those are just the basics, that is what I would call a multiplayer bot.

Not sure how to answer this. It seems you need to research a little more about AI. For that reason you need to develop your AI for the need of your game.
32 posts Page 3 of 4