how can I start with AI on T3D?

Johxz

@damik

Your videos were created long after I made that statement.

And what I originally meant was, that I have never seen a multiplayer game with Torque that has bot players.

Some demo that someone slapped together in a few days does not count for me, since I know from experience that those few days can turn into weeks or months, if you want to have it working properly.

Of course those games may exist, but as I said I have not seen them, most games are either single player or something entirely different.

When I created my multiplayer bots I could not find anything about how to create multiplayer bots.

Just adding an aiPlayer that walks around and shoots anything is not a proper multiplayer bot, he needs to know how to navigate in the level and how to engage enemy players and how to not engage friendly players, how to find items/health etc, then he also needs to join the server, join the game, appear in the server browser as a player and in the scoreboard with his scores... and those are just the basics, that is what I would call a multiplayer bot.

And what I originally meant was, that I have never seen a multiplayer game with Torque that has bot players.

How...? You never see a MP game with Torque and bots? I don't understand... you mean soldier FPS bot? or any kind of bots like spaceship bots, car bots, every game need is different.....

Of course those games may exist, but as I said I have not seen them, most games are either single player or something entirely different.

What you mean "something entirely different"? different to your game?

I thinks you need seriously to take a look to my list duion, https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d

What games to comes to mind is "Legions: Overdrive", "Determinance", "Talon", "Metal Drift" or "AX:EL - Air XenoDawn", all this games develop with Torque3D with bots, but there are a lot of MP with "bots", I recall you about the old game "Tribes 2", almost all Torque 3D or TGA games have some form of multiplayer with bots.

When I created my multiplayer bots I could not find anything about how to create multiplayer bots.

Multiplayer bots just specially for your game? :roll: because that don't exist, you need to build you own bots for you game.

AI Tutorial? yep we have some tutorials, resources and products.... again take a look to my list https://github.com/John3/awesome-torque3d#ai (yes I know is small)

Specially for you game maybe this can work for you "Tactical AI Kit" download the demo and take a look.

Just adding an aiPlayer that walks around and shoots anything is not a proper multiplayer bot, he needs to know how to navigate in the level and how to engage enemy players and how to not engage friendly players, how to find items/health etc, then he also needs to join the server, join the game, appear in the server browser as a player and in the scoreboard with his scores... and those are just the basics, that is what I would call a multiplayer bot.

Not sure how to answer this. It seems you need to research a little more about AI. For that reason you need to develop your AI for the need of your game.

@Johxz

Tribes and other games like that are not made with Torque3D, but previous versions of the engine and I don't even know if they have bots, last time I played legions I did not see bots.

Something entirely different than an FPS would be a racing game or a flight sim or and RPG, should have been obvious.

Why you tell me to do more research? I already did all the research and there exist no tutorials and I already build my multiplayer bots, so why do I need to research how to make bots, when I already made bots?

"almost all Torque 3D or TGA games have some form of multiplayer with bots."

That statement is just false, most games are probably not even multiplayer.