NavMesh only rendering a piece of the terrain

Jason Campbell

After changing terrain size, my navmesh only covers half the terrain. I'm using an older modified version of Daniel's walkabout. It covers all the structures and other meshes but only about a third of the terrain. Been messing with cell size, tile size and other setting to no avail. I found that it may have to do with heightmaps and terrain size but if anyone can offer anything, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to start over yet again. Thanks

Just wanted to follow up that this problem is also in my stock 3.10 fresh build. I don't know whether this is a Linux problem but basically my terrain must be size 256 or lower. I can scale it but honestly for me a square size of 4 is about the limit for me if I want a good looking terrain brush size. Anyway, this could be a bug because I read this used to be a problem with Walkabout but was fixed somehow. This place is so dead lately perhaps I should email Daniel.

I also have this problem with NavMesh and I'm on Linux too.

The way to reproduce is to have terrain with forest on map, than have NavMesh over 256x256.

If I open editor with such scene, everything is messed-up, I see lots of broken geometry on screen. If I decrease NavMesh size, the amount of broken geometry decreases and if NavMesh is under 256x256 it works fine. Looks like some corruption or type limits. I wanted to valgrind this, but had very little time for that. I don't know if NavMesh actually works when visually distorted, if I run in game mode bots behave the same.

Hey slapin,

Ok, that's exactly what happens on stock 3.10, however I don't think it saves correctly. It works even though the mesh looks like triangle fireworks going off. For my other project I'm using an older version of the Nav system, which is basically Walkabout. I'll check if it is tied to the forest object. Thank you for the reply, this leads me to believe that it is a namespace error.