Importing a house

slapin

Hi, all!

How can I import complex object as whole house? It is modellled in Blender with doors and everything.

I want to control doors, buiuld navmeshes and have control over details - what is the best to import such thing?

I tried to import it as is to Collada, but it seems like Toreue3D considers it as unsplittable single entity,

so I wonder how to handle such cases.

You can build everything as a single mesh, there is no problem, other than the 65 000 vertices limit for one single model, only thing you need to leave out is things like doors that you can interact with later.

Regarding doors those do not exist in Torque by default, but someone on the garagegames forum posted working doors in the resource section somewhere.

As I recall the 65k limit was per mesh and you can have multiple meshes per model. also iirc the T3d->collada pipeline auto manages this somehow or at least did do in the early days.

You will probably have to tweak the navemesh quite a lot, create a specific navmesh for the building with different settings since the default settings are not building friendly. You can then link multiple navmeshes via the link settings (dont recall the actual name but it should be in the documentation)

As duion and blood mentioned, I'm pretty sure the 65k limit is per submesh. If you separate the house mesh out into a few separate objects inside blender instead of a singular mesh. Then you can just export them all into a single collada file and it should play nicely with that.

Having it be a bit smarter with auto splitting overly large submeshes would be a nice addition, though it could be potentially tricky to make that behave. It's something that can be considered though to make larger, more complex models easier to deal with.