Strange T3D 3.10 Problem.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
74 posts Page 5 of 8
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 am
Timmy wrote:
BOS wrote:Hmm I see.

Will do that right now.

I heard that CMAKE is the new way to generate projects ?

If this is the case, how will it work if I want to use a game template to compile it into a project ?

And yes the performance gap is huge from what I'm seeing.

820M handles alpha blending MUCH better.

Yes cmake is the only way to generate project files to compile the engine now. You can set the template in cmake or you can actually manually copy the template files yourself into the game directory, obviously specifying it in cmake is easier but both way work

I see. very good.

I will have to do a fresh generation of 3.10 right away. I think I messed up the one I have already.

Cmake it is!
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:36 am
Question!

Te 3.10 source I have has nothing in the projects folder. Do I just make the directories like in the tutorial here ? http://wiki.torque3d.org/coder:compiling-in-windows

Thanks
Timmy
by Timmy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:51 am
BOS wrote:Question!

Te 3.10 source I have has nothing in the projects folder. Do I just make the directories like in the tutorial here ? http://wiki.torque3d.org/coder:compiling-in-windows

Thanks

After you have run cmake and it's generated the project files for you, open those up and compile the engine. Watch out because it will default to Debug mode, unless you plan on doing development work in the engine itself, change it over to use Release mode. Compile the source code, when that is done, right click on the project called INSTALL, than goto project only and build only install like this, that will copy whatever template you told cmake at the start when generating a project.

BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 am
Timmy wrote:
BOS wrote:Question!

Thanks

After you have run cmake and it's generated the project files for you, open those up and compile the engine. Watch out because it will default to Debug mode, unless you plan on doing development work in the engine itself, change it over to use Release mode. Compile the source code, when that is done, right click on the project called INSTALL, than goto project only and build only install like this, that will copy whatever template you told cmake at the start when generating a project.

Very good. Doing this now.

By the way, I didn't see the option to include PhysX, but I saw a BULLET option during the CMake build.

Is this ok ?

Thanks.
Timmy
by Timmy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:04 am
Physx atm is a bit of a pain in the ass, you have to manually compile the source code for it as nvidia no longer ship binaries for it and for legal reasons we can't ship binary versions of it either (it is totally free to get from NVidia however). PhysX definitely works, there is a PR i sent in here with support for physx 3.4 for the development branch https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/2020 otherwise the 3.10 version will only work with physx 3.3.x
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:12 am
Timmy wrote:Physx atm is a bit of a pain in the ass, you have to manually compile the source code for it as nvidia no longer ship binaries for it and for legal reasons we can't ship binary versions of it either (it is totally free to get from NVidia however). PhysX definitely works, there is a PR i sent in here with support for physx 3.4 for the development branch https://github.com/GarageGames/Torque3D/pull/2020 otherwise the 3.10 version will only work with physx 3.3.x

Yes, that makes a lot of sense seeing as the want registration for everything.

I will get it directly from them.

What about the bullet Physics ? My project requires simple physics Nothing too complex.

THanks
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:15 am
The build finished, but with no .exe file :-(

-----------------

Update, just copied the .exe from the one I downloaded for you.

Testing it now.
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 am
The results:

Both the HD 5500 and the NV820M run absolutely fine with no problems.

I think the CMAKE system is actually pretty good.

PM was nice (and quick) but I think it is still being worked on ATM ?
BOS
by BOS » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:26 am
D3D11 is working brilliantly. No more crashes.
Timmy
by Timmy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:28 am
Ok happy days than. Yeah bullet physics is very easy to compile in, just go back and give that a tick in cmake and rebuild ya project
74 posts Page 5 of 8