DarkUI status?

Scripting questions, discussions, etc
20 posts Page 1 of 2
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:58 am
Does anyone have any feedback re: what I'd have to do to merge DarkUI into a current T3D build? I sat down and tried to do it yesterday, but even compared against 3.6.1 the merge was practically all changes, so for any of the script files I have very little way of knowing what was actually modified by DarkUI. Obviously I don't want to just overwrite my new T3D script files with the DarkUI versions from 3.6.1 either, so any insights from anyone would be most appreciated. I would love to get DarkUI into MegaMotion ASAP, it really does look a million times better.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:38 am
I'm not at my computer right now but I think WinMerge would work to find the differences and just copy them over. It is a great and free tool.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 am
Thanks, but that's what I was using when I said the merge was nearly all changes. It wasn't just whitespace, it looked like the code had been all rearranged, so it was nearly impossible to tell where the relevant details were. I'm comparing the Full template from 3.6.1 against what was reportedly the 3.6.1 version of DarkUI, maybe I should have used Empty? Checking that next.

EDIT: Ah, yes, Empty template is looking a lot better.
Jason Campbell

by Jason Campbell » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 am
Wow, yeah, what a jumble. It's too bad, Nils was going to make a commit but understandably got busy. I noticed JeffR was using the Dark UI in his demonstrations of new features. Maybe Dark UI is default in 4.0, if it isn't, it really would revamp the UI with a little sleeker look.
Timmy
by Timmy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:55 am
Dark UI works ok with the latest devhead build, only mod i had to make was to the menubar to hide that hideous thing that is enabled when using SDL.
Duion

by Duion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:23 pm
I use the dark UI as well and it was no problem, most changes are just colorchanges.
Of course since with SDL2 the menubar works now, you can skin the top menu bar as well, which did not work previously.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:41 pm
Nice, thanks guys, I'll see if I can merge it in today. Yeah, seeing it in JeffR's videos got me off my butt again, it really does look good.
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:56 pm
Ah, okay, well that went great, except I see what you mean about the menubar. What do I have to do to reskin it?

Duion

by Duion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 pm
Search for PlatformGenericMenuBar
chriscalef
by chriscalef » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:33 pm
Hm, sorry for being slow, but I've generally stayed as far as humanly possible from things like gui profiles, so I still don't really know that well how they work... I found the guiPlatformGenericMenuBar.ed.cs and .gui files in tools/gui though. They're not very big and the changes seem to all be occurring in the profiles, but I can't find actually find a definition for the referenced "GuiMenuBarProfile" anywhere in the project, or even the more generic "MenuBarProfile" which is referenced in several other guis.

I tried changing the reference for PlatformGenericMenuBar to a new profile called "GuiDarkMenuBarProfile", and then making a profile of that name, by copying one of the other profiles in profiles.ed.cs, using the DarkUI values for fillcolor, textcolor, etc - but nothing changed. I'm not sure what specifically menu-related stuff the actual GuiMenuBarProfile is supposed to have.
20 posts Page 1 of 2