Setting a camera is not instant?

irei1as

This TorqueScript code:

function serverCmdorbitCam(%client)
{
%client.setFirstPerson(false);
%client.setCameraObject(%client.camera);
%client.setControlObject(%client.camera); //just in case
%client.camera.setOrbitObject(%client.player, "0 0 " @ -mDegToRad(90), 15, 25, 25, false, "0 0 1", true);
%client.setControlObject(%client.player);
}

fails setting the camera with the correct angle.

While:

function serverCmdorbitCam(%client)
{
%client.setFirstPerson(false);
%client.setCameraObject(%client.camera);
%client.setControlObject(%client.camera); //just in case
%client.camera.setOrbitObject(%client.player, "0 0 " @ -mDegToRad(90), 15, 25, 25, false, "0 0 1", true);
schedule(0, 0, commandToServer,'ctrlobj');
}

function serverCmdctrlobj(%client)
{
%client.setControlObject(%client.player);
}

works correctly.

(Note: using

commandToServer('orbitCam');

just before the closing "}" of GameConnection::onClientEnterGame(%this) inside game.cs)

Well, can I change a non-player camera -OrbitObject this case- without having to rely on camera control? I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Or, is it possible to make the camera change be instantaneous so I don't have to worry about the client losing the player control?

If it's important: I'm using a very weak computer for this so if you tell me it works for you it may be just this low end machine. Sorry for the trouble.

Just a tip: Don't schedule anything for less than 32 ms. You will start getting random "no flux capacitor installed" asserts (except "not on my machine" because you are using a really slow computer - so "irritating crash that developer can't reproduce").

And why not set the control object first? It all should happen within the span of a tick or two - no one should notice a 32ms tickle....