RESOLVED: current T3D 3.9 (dev) crashing while loading DTS

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Flashback
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 pm
  by Flashback » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 pm
Hi. So after I ported our game's codebase to 3.9 to fix Radeon rendering freeze issue, I suddenly can't start it up anymore. First I thought this is most likely my problem that appeared during the port, but after compiling clean T3D 3.9, putting this DTS into art/shapes/ and trying to doubleclick it in World Editor, it crashes exactly the same way. Here is the file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B332r ... kpIS3ZHbTQ

Again, I'm not exactly proficient in vertex buffers and all the rendering stuff, so I'm having a hard time to understand what new Torque code does wrong. Could someone take a quick look?
Last edited by Flashback on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deathbravo
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:06 am
by deathbravo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 am
I tried the file. It loaded in my computer.
My 3.9 is a 32bit pre build binary, not sure its the official one or johxz's version.
deathbravo
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:06 am
by deathbravo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 am
download/file.php?mode=view&id=101
tried another build, loaded, it should be the official version prebuild.

Attachments

25rtet.jpg
other build
25rtet.jpg (87.64 KiB) Viewed 807 times
deathbravo
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:06 am
by deathbravo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:57 am
forgot to mention that my machine is an old laptop, hasn't DX11 support, and I run them in DX9 mode in Win7 64bit.
MangoFusion
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:00 am
by MangoFusion » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 am
Probably related to the HW Skinning changes. I've tried in the latest development branch and your shape seems to load fine.

If you have any more bad cases please post any relevant files so I can check.
Flashback
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 pm
by Flashback » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:21 pm
Indeed, a pre-built binary works fine. I guess it's built using 3.9 master, while I ported to development branch from 29.08.16. I'll look into ts/ changes in between, thanks guys.
Flashback
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:24 pm
by Flashback » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:55 pm
Yeah, looks like most TS changes were applied after the master.

EDIT: updated the thread title.

EDIT2: dev version that is a couple of days newer than the one I was porting to already fixes the issue. Nice.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest