AFX 3.8 Porting - Strange Build Errors

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
26 posts Page 3 of 3
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:16 pm
That one sounds familiar. Should have been resolved in the Templates\Full_AFX subproject. if not, will take a look soons I can (likely tomorrow).
Dwarf King
by Dwarf King » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:11 am
:mrgreen: I took all the shader files from the full template and dropped them in my own compile demo project under commen etc. It seems to work now. So the shader files are not added when creating the project. Not a big issue for Torquers :mrgreen:

Edit:
Seems that the dynamic shadows when the Torque orc is moving is lagging/ha ha hacking in both DX9 and DX11.

Otherwise the effects seems very well(AFX). I will have to port project and do some more testings.
Timmy
by Timmy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 am
Dwarf King wrote:Seems that the dynamic shadows when the Torque orc is moving is lagging/ha ha hacking in both DX9 and DX11.

Try changing the values of the shadow caching.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:46 am
Dwarf King wrote::mrgreen: I took all the shader files from the full template and dropped them in my own compile demo project under commen etc. It seems to work now. So the shader files are not added when creating the project. Not a big issue for Torquers :mrgreen:

Edit:
Seems that the dynamic shadows when the Torque orc is moving is lagging/ha ha hacking in both DX9 and DX11.

Otherwise the effects seems very well(AFX). I will have to port project and do some more testings.

That'll be the new shadowcaching system. would go to the materials and flip on castsdynamicshadows.
Dwarf King
by Dwarf King » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:01 pm
Azaezel wrote:
Dwarf King wrote::mrgreen: I took all the shader files from the full template and dropped them in my own compile demo project under commen etc. It seems to work now. So the shader files are not added when creating the project. Not a big issue for Torquers :mrgreen:

Edit:

That'll be the new shadowcaching system. would go to the materials and flip on castsdynamicshadows.

Okay thanks :D I will look into that then.

When starting up Torsion I get this error. I can still use Torsion but does any of you have any idea what the problem is?

It is popping up a second and closes itself before anyone can react. I caught it with a print screen. Perhaps the issues is only temporary?

Oh and I am going through the FrameAllocator.cpp and FrameAllocator.h to see what is going on as well right now.

Edit:

Problem fixed. The problem was that the release in Torsion pointed down to the debug.exe and not the release exe. Dooooh! :oops:

@
Timmy
&& @
Azaezel
you have done some really outstanding work here. Damn this is awesome super über grand work :mrgreen:

Hail @
Timmy
, @
Azaezel
and all other who have helped with this!!!

Edit edit: and now back to some porting, porting porting and yet some porting :ugeek:
Last edited by Dwarf King on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwarf King
by Dwarf King » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:25 pm
Hmmm... have any of you noticed that in thisT3D V3.8 AFX DX 11 branch Torsion reserved words such a schedule is not marked with a special color any more and the pop up documentation when hovering over such words and functions also does not work any more?

Also how do I fix that?

No rush but it would be nice to have around :D

On a personal note... damn quiet a bit have changed here and their since 3.51 even in AFX set up some small changes are seen... :)
26 posts Page 3 of 3