tsShapeInstance::snapshot

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
stevel
  by stevel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:22 am
I have some very old code from the TGE that was a routine in tsShapeInstance that just returned an image of the object as a bitmap on a white background. I find myself needing the same behavior in T3D, and I had thought I would be able to port the old code to the T3D engine, but I am finding that very difficult. Does anyone know of a resource, or if there is some functionality built into the engine that I am missing, that will provide me with this behavior? What I want to be able to accomplish is to specify an object in the 3D engine, and get a snapshot of it that I can display on a dialog. The old routine had width and height args, and specified a camera rotation, so I could spin the object before taking the snapshot if desired. If someone is curious, I could post the old code here.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:06 am
Best bet would probably be to dig into the imposter code, (or just snip out a part of one that's generated):

http://i.imgur.com/7y5gRBY.jpg
stevel
by stevel » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:09 am
Thanks Azaezel! Finally got back to this, and I have something using imposter code that is starting to work. I can post the final routine here, once I get it working well, if anyone cares.
3 posts Page 1 of 1