HitBox resource help.

Expanding and utilizing the engine via C++.
24 posts Page 2 of 3
Duion

by Duion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 am
Question is, is it the C++ code that is not working or the scripts or the model formats.
Isn't it working at all or isn't it working in the specific model format you want to have? You don't need the meshes to have -1 detail for not being visible, I think you can just make meshes without a material, then they will be invisible as well. Just as an example.
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 am
The resource works; but, the castRayEA function in C++ only hits when the hitbox is not attached to a bone; it doesn't matter whether the hitbox is visible or not - I've tried them both. And this is for all meshes, not just for one or two.
Duion

by Duion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm
What do you mean with "attached to a bone" you mean probably being a child of a bone node.
Can you provide your player model? So we can have a look.
I assume you did it wrong since the way you normally do a player character and the way the default soldier is build, is that you have an armature and then below that your models including all LOD levels, so that each model ends up having an armature modifier that transforms the mesh according the the bone movement.
So at no point there is any mesh attached to a bone, there are only bones attached to bones which then can have bones or nodes for mount points, eye points etc.

Well its hard to explain, but just import the default soldier of the template and you will.

I did not try it but I think the hitboxes are supposed to be like a LOD version, since it is an LOD version like a collision level, so you would make it as a LOD version and place it to the other LOD versions, so it will get affected by the same armature modifier as everything else.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 pm
No @
Duion
. @
LoLJester
means attach to bones. Does look like there's a bit of oddness going on that I'll need to doublecheck with my head artist about as far as setup goes... (not exactly a modeling guru): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSdu5sM0Nno
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 pm
Followup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzDGlL ... e=youtu.be Still not sure what's up with the blender setup, but yeah. did confirm the resource as-uploaded functions, though not in conjunction with a few other tweaks, like the lazer one, or the tinkering with per-material effects we're working on internally via castrayRendered...

@
LoLJester
using anything like either of those, or it pretty much down to a setup migrane?
Duion

by Duion » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:25 pm
@
Azaezel

Will this be merged into the main branch? With like a switch so people can choose if they want the new system or the old one, the current system could use an upgrade. This would help working with it, since it is always a hassel to maintain lots of different versions.
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:23 am
@
Azaezel
: Sorry for the delayed response. What is your question exactly? I use Unwrap3D to setup my characters and not Blender.
Azaezel

by Azaezel » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:46 am
Apologies. for clarity, 3 potential issues sping to mind

1) some additional alterations I've done this end can break it, like in the vid, left a note to myself to correct it not handling castrayRendered. You using anything similar?

2) In addition, that 1 to -1 does touch a few spots that I'll need to dig out of the original commit. might be one of those.

3) If neither one of those seems to be causing the issue, It could be the tool you're using to export to dae not understanding meshes mounted to bones but not applied to em. (I know for instance my head artist uses max. Can't import most of his rigs to directly check because blender wigs out on the armatures. Though pretty sure the blender export form me in that first vid with the screwed up hitboxes was strictly an issue between keyboard and chair there that I've yet to hunt down...)
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:05 pm
Ok. I'll see which, or if, any of those issues you point out are the culprits here.
LoLJester

by LoLJester » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 pm
@
Azaezel
: Were you able to get some information from your artist on how he set-up that character? What software did he export the model from and in what format? Is there a specific set-up that the model has to have? I believe the problem stems from how the character is exported to T3D. By the way, I'm using T3D 1.2, but I don't think that should matter.
24 posts Page 2 of 3